Do you own your domain?

If so, did you start your blog with your own domain, or did you transition?

If you transitioned, was it a Major Pain???

What do you think are the benefits of owning your domain?

Is it expensive?

If you don't own your domain, why not?

April
www.AprilsLittleFamily.blogspot.com
www.MamaLovesFood.blogspot.com

Tags: blogging, domain, ownership

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I started doing paid blog posts and started posting in a frequent manner I bought my own domain. Luckily my previous free blog site through wordpress didn't have that big of a reader base and I hadn't yet been publicizing it as much on social sites so the transition was fairly easy. I do though have a link on my current self-hosted blog to my old site with previous posts.

The cost of my self-hosted site has actually been paid for through my paid posts so far. I did have to pay $15 for my domain year for the year and then if I were to pay my hosting site out of pocket it's 4.95 a month and well worth it to me. Mine is through Gatorhost.

I've been told that having your self-hosted site helps you gain more review/job opportunities bc companies see you as taking your blogging seriously.
I started with a blog on blogger.com and then had my developer work it into my site. How he did this, I have no idea. In fact, I am in the process of getting a "blog tutor" because I can't figure out alot of things like spam and sociable plug-ins and posting link buttons.
Yes, I decided to own my domains rather early on. It's well worth the money.
How did you do it? I bought my domain www.nomommybrain.com but am currently just having it redirct to my blogger site www.nomommybrain.blogspot.com. I did it because it's easier to tell people about and also because I wanted it to be mine when I was ready to use it someday. I didn't know you could host on blogger but redirect to your own URL...please share!

Thanks!
Maggie

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/27/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service