I think everyone by now knows of or heard of Twitter.

Wikipedia defines Twitter as a free social networking and micro-blogging service that allows its users to send and read other users’ updates (otherwise known as tweets), which are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length.

It amazes me how much Twitter, or Twittering has caught on. I only subscribed to Twitter last week but am already feeling unpopular. It makes me think of high school all over again I see some tweeters with over 2,000 followers or people that they are following. It’s amazing. How can you even follow all those tweeters?

Of course there are a wide variety of software designed to manage your tweets.

Here are some tweet software: tweetdeck, feedalizr, twhirl, or twitteroo .

But even with all that software can you imagine following all those tweets? I started playing around on my tweet site and soon I found myself getting hooked. I mean I found myself laughing, crying and more knowledgeable because of some of the tweets that I read.

So I will try and catch on to some of these tweets. I currently have 6 followers, a drop in a bucket compared to all those that I am following. The Internet is a great social medium but come on, I already find myself logging on more than I should, now add Twitter to it and there goes more of my small free time. But there is something enticing about knowing what people are doing. Reading someone’s blog is one thing but to read their tweets is like listening in on a couple’s conversation in a coffee shop. It’s like looking through someone’s window at home. We are a little curious to look into the lives of others. The number one Twitter right now is Obama. I can see the fascination of wanting to connect to the President Elect.

So if you are interested in finding out, “What I am doing?” then click the link below and add yourself to my current pitiful 6 followers.

http://www.twitter.com/conversationswm

If you want some Twitter etiquette, you can read Jenny Cromie's 8 Sure-Fire Ways to Tick off the Twitterverse
http://www.twitip.com/8-sure-fire-ways-to-tick-off-the-twitterverse/

Tags: networking, social, twitter, twitter.com, twitters

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am now following you.
Everyone, I am michellew_ on twitter www.twitter.com/michellew_
Please consider giving me a follow.
I do twitter! I am off to follow you.

http://twitter.com/milliemux
I have tried it and just don't understand it. Please don't call me silly, but what is it's purpose? Thanks :)

Here is my twitter address if anyone wants to follow. http://twitter.com/GlambellaChic
I think it depends on how you use it. I use it for networking and for meeting new people that wouldn't have known me through my blog. I've seen others tweet about everything they are doing (some I have seen tweet over 20 times per day). I think they have another reason for Twitter. Twitter should be about making it about what works for you.
I am adding you now! I hear you on having tons of followers! I was in the same boat - thinking how do all these people have so many followers..and feeling a bit like high school days! lol

I have only been on twitter maybe a month tops and already have over 1200 followers, it's very hard to keep up but so many of those that I follow and follow me have wonderful how to tips and more! I find twitter addictive and love the inspirational people on there!
I don't have thousands of followers but as my list of followers and those I am following has grown It hasn't gotten harder to follow what is going on. Sometimes things move pretty quickly but for the most part following a bunch of people means there is always something to read and respond to...never a dull moment!

Oh, and I'm EvolvingMommy on twitter.
I know that there is a way to link to your Facebook but I have not done it so I cannot tell you. It is a little addictive but it's a great way to meet people that you wouldn't know about otherwise.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service