I am trying to learn how to do the whole "vlogging" thing but I'm not very good at it. Do you have some tips on vlogging that you could share?
If you have the time take a look at my four minute vlog that I just
posted and leave me a comment stating your opinion and what I could do
better.

Thanks!

The Healthy Moms Editor Unscripted (vlog post)

Tags: blogging, video, vlog, vlogging

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I left you a message on your blog. You did an awesome job and I love it.

I haven't vloged much but have been thinking of doing it more.

Some tips from a reader standpoint, not a vlogger standpoint and I'm going to give tips before watching your video so none of this is a criticism of you or your vlog post-

1. Keep it short! about 2 minutes seems good to me, personally.
  2. If you need more time-make it several posts or at least several short videos within a post.
  3. Not everyone has a fast connection-yes there are still people on dial-up! Include an outline or summary of the videos main points in text format. Also good for people at work reading your blog who can't turn the sound up. (I have DSL but it's a slow DSL-out in the boonies-it's as fast as I can get)
  4. Make sure the lighting is good. (natural light is always best-near a window maybe?)
  5. Look at the camera lens-not yourself on the screen if you are using a web cam.
  6. Speak clearly-and loudly. Don't mumble.
  7. Think about your background/surroundings-people will notice it and it may be distracting.

I just started!  My goal for 2011.  You can check out mine at http://www.stockpilingmoms.com

I'm not much of vlogger myslef even though I would like to be! But I wanted to share this with you.

http://eightymphmom.com/?s=monday+mingle

Eighty MPH Mom has a link up for vloggers every Monday. It might be good practice! :-)

Thanks Robyn and Paula!  Monday Mingle is a great way to start vlogging, as questions are posed for you already.

My advice - keep it short.  People tend to lost interest if they go on too long.  Jendi from Simple Vlogging Tips also has some good tips.

The link to Monday Mingle (if you'd like to join in, we'd love to have you!) is now:

http://eightymphmom.com/category/monday-mingle-vlogs/monday-mingle

By the way, what is vlogging? This is the first time I heard of this word.. :)

A vlog is a video blog post. The term can also refer to a blog made up entirely of video blog posts.

Vlog posts are created by creating a video of yourself or an event, uploading it to the Internet and publishing it within a post on your blog.

In the early days of blogging, vlogs were called podcasts, a term that was used to refer to both audio and video blog posts. Today the two have adopted their own distinct nomenclature.

Source: http://weblogs.about.com/od/bloggingfaqs/f/WhatIsaVlog.htm

Great job Cascia! Cuddos to you for being brave enough to step out from behind the curtain!! As others have said, the angle of the camera was a little off, but other than that, great job!

I have done a few vlogs and continue to learn from each one (actually just did one today that I am editing)

• A video editor is a useful tool. I Windows Movie Maker (it's very easy)
  • Play with angles. As Tyra says "a girl should always know her angle" LOL
  • Have good light. Natural light is your friend!
  • Make notes. I tend to go off on tangents, so notes really keep me on track.

Hope that helps :-)

I dabble in vlogging. My tips

- Just do it! you will get better over time

- Plan what you want to say but don't read a script

- The shorter the better. People do not have long attention spans. I usually last 2 minutes then close out unless you really have my attention.

- Put a blurb under video of what it is about.

I have watched your video and I think it's great!

I vlog too, but only randomly.. when I feel like letting people into my world on a little bit.. lol. And I've found that there's no right or wrong. Really just whatever you want to do, people really feel more connected to you when it's video for some reason.

I just make a series out of it and call it "My Life" as an link u can visit within the blog.. You can check it out if you wish :)

www.sahmcity.net

Jackie

I have some tips but I'll send a private message

This is mine vlog on the link below I do it all the time but I'm kinda cheating because I've been an entertainer my whole life so the camera is as natural as breathing-

The hard part for me is to shut up LOL  But I do have some things to share I'll write later-

http://www.mompreneurmogul.com/2011/12/v-blog-family-photo-shoot-fu...

I could never, ever do it. I don't even like posting my pictures very much. People can be really mean and in the past I have had my feelings hurt and torn to shreds. Kudos to all who can do it with no such fear!

---------

PhotoMom: Mommy Life. Inspiration. Photography

Reply to Discussion

RSS

DID YOU KNOW?

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service