Does anyone actually make money from advertisers/sponsors on your blog?

And if so, is it lucrative?

I'm thinking of starting a business blog for moms in Paris and am wondering even if the blog takes off in terms of visitor numbers, can I make enough money through ads to quit my day job (ie - SAHM) and delegate 3 days a week / 8 hours a day to a nanny so I can manage the blog?

Merci!

Tags: advertising, blog, business, sponsorship

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a featured publisher on Foodbuzz. I am not allowed to talk about how much I make but its not going to allow me to afford a nanny...lol...I couldn't imagine doing that anyway. I think if you have drive you can accomplish anything. But personally I would do a blog for the enjoyment not the cash flow. I have seen several blogs where that was quite obvious. Soon I found myself just skipping over that site. The reason why I agreed to Foodbuzz was because it puts me in touch with like minded people believe me when I say it wasn't for the money. I do know of one women who has a blog called Cake Wrecks and is now publishing a book I know another woman who is now doing a cookbook. I think it has to be passion derived. But that's just my opinion.

Best of Luck,
Christine
Thanks to everyone for answering! I will be contacting some of you to discuss further.
My main priority with a business blog would be to serve the expat English speaking mom community here in Paris and secondly, make some money on the side. I'm totally passionate about the business blog idea and nobody else it doing it, but my problem is my current fun/dishy blog (http://lamomparis.blogspot.com/) that I maintain when I'm not with the kids, out at social events or helping entertain my husband's clients - it eats up my remaining time. My idea was that if I could pay my nanny to work 5 days a week instead of 2 then I could dedicate 3 days to the business blog, but I'd like to get some kind of return on investment to finance the nanny and so I don't feel like I'm being totally frivolous (especially during a recession).
I just assumed the only way to make money was through ads, but some of you have had some great ideas to make money other ways.
If any American moms followed the blog I could sell them a limited number of Sophie the Giraffe teething toys that every French baby has (retail price 8 euros) that the very chic Petit Tresor baby boutique in Hollywood sells for $24!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service