For those following my blogs, you know that I have two beautiful boys, Jeffrey (4) and Tyler (6 days). My parents have 8 grandchildren which is a blessing. However, all 8 are boys. You have got to see our get togethers. Boys can really play rough.

I remember when I told my mom that my second child was going to be a boy. She told me that she was very happy and that all that mattered was that he was healthy. I believe her but I know that some part inside her wishes for a granddaughter. Having two boys is a true blessing. Believe me when I say that I did not care one way or the other if it was a boy or girl. There are thousands of women out there who try desperately just to have a child that they cannot have. Who am I to be upset over the gender?

But whenever there is a family gathering, we always hear the comments, "so who is going to have the first girl?" As if it's a competition. My parents had 4 girls and 2 boys so I guess nature decided that she's had enough girls around her.

My brother just announced that his wife is pregnant. Here we go again. I told him he needs to be prepared for the jokes about whether it's going to be a girl or boy. Well, I know what my parents are hoping for secretly. All I know is that if it is a girl, poor her. She either will have to learn to be a tom boy in order to hang out with her cousins or learn to play alone. But one thing is for sure, she will be spoiled.

Well we'll have to wait till April to find out. All I can hope for is a happy niece or nephew.
http://www.conversationswithmoms.com

Tags: all, boys, family, large, parenting

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats on the new addition to the family! Yes, every baby is such a blessing no matter the gender.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/19/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service