ADVERTISEMENT

After a long week of working with teens, I've decided to write a book about America's entitled children.  I don't plan to degrade our youth but I hope to bring awareness that we (all of us who strive to give to our children what we didn't receive as children ourselves) need to get our children involved in the family, neighborhood, community, and society.  Rather than giving our children material goods, we should be guiding them to want more than material things -- the exhilarating feeling you get when you help others or achieve something on your own. 

As an educational consultant and college advisor, I hear unbelievable statements straight from the kids.  Even when their parents are filing bankruptcies during this difficult recession, students often demand to go to expensive private colleges or high schools. Some students even expect their parents to send them to Europe after graduation.  While this was something that was popular pre-recession, most parents today can't afford to send their children to college, not to mention give them a travel gift after they've given up their retirement savings to send them to college in the first place.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are so right on target.  It drives me crazy when high school kids have much much nicer cars than their parents(pardon the pun).   And the children don't even realize there's something wrong with the picture.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

FOLLOW US

OUR BLOG

Cultural cities in the US to visit with kids

Family breaks are a great way to have fun together and make some memories that will last a lifetime, but choosing a city break in the US can also help your family to learn and grow together. With a large selection of cultural destinations on offer across the country, parents are spoiled for choice when it…

OUR DAILY PINS

Latest Activity

Cat replied to Single Mom Talk Blog's discussion 'Post Your Blog Links for fresh follows for 2017 !!'
17 minutes ago
Cat liked Jennifer Hernandez's discussion Follow me and I follow Back
20 minutes ago
Elizabeth Ashe is now friends with Ashley Weir and Steph
3 hours ago
Mom Bloggers Club liked Elena Thrower's profile
4 hours ago
Jude-Anne Phillip posted a blog post
5 hours ago
Jessica Reid posted a blog post
6 hours ago
Viergelyn posted a status
"writing the lastest blog post of top 11 prodcust to own as a new parent and sunday mantra is tomorrow!"
7 hours ago
Viergelyn posted a blog post
7 hours ago

Advertisement

© 2017   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service