I love "follow me" groups. Some bloggers don't believe in them. I think it's an excellent way to build traffic and grow higher in rank. In fact, that's how I built my blog-I brought this idea to Mom Bloggers Club groups.

I've noticed lately, that bloggers haven't been true to their promise of following back. I know that it can be time consuming but if someone follows you with your promise to follow back, you should! They will be patient at first, but they will unfollow you sooner or later.

Now, some advice to those who want to build their audience through following:

1. Join or start a follow group. Make sure you follow everyone!

2. Leave a comment letting them know that you followed them and would love to have them follow back.

3. Comment on this blogs too often. That's how you find readers and keep them.

4. Make sure you actually have a way for readers to follow. Many join following groups with no way to follow.

I hope this helps those who are wondering about the importance of following blogs!

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you say you will follow everyone, then you should.  Otherwise, don't say it and make sure you are receiving emails when people follow you so you can keep track and check them out to see if you really want to follow them.  Sometimes you don't wish to follow based on content and language they use.

My 2 cents :)

I was just looking at the groups section of this site (relatively new to Mom Bloggers Club...) and the groups seem so old. Some started a year or more ago. Would you suggest joining one of these, which have tons of members, or starting fresh with a new group? And if so, how would I go about starting one? I appreciate your advice!! Definitely would love more views and followers to our blog! Thanks so much!  www.sugaraunts.blogspot.com

Colleen at Sugar Aunts

There are some old ones but they still get new joiners. I would probably go with a fresher group. I have joined some and people don't seem to follow as much as they used to. There are blog hops as well. It's been hard to find loyal followers. I've followed many and yet to have them follow back. I'll have to clean out my list!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/27/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service