Here's a random question....I would like to host a giveaway on my blog where the "prize" includes a bottle of wine.  Is that "legal"?   :)  I just want to make sure I'm not breaking any rules before I post it. 

Thanks for any information.

www.thecinderellamom.com

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was doing some research for you. It does not say that you cannot do a "giveaway" but I for one know that there are several states that you cannot ship liquor to. Such as my state, Utah. I cannot purchase or receive anything to do with alcohol by mail. I suggest checking liquor laws of the 50 states before publishing your giveaway. I found a list of alcohol laws by state to help you get started. Hope this helps.

http://liquor.legalview.com/wikipedia/Alcohol_laws_of_the_United_St...

Thank you so much for the information....and for doing the legwork!  I haven't posted the giveaway yet but I was thinking I would just leave the wine out of the giveaway this time :).  I have a nice enought "package" without it.  I also thought about doing a gift certificate for the wine....I like a local vineyard here and if I had a gift card to there I wouldn't have to ship it and the winner could decide if they wanted to use it. 

Thanks again for looking into it for me!  Happy Weekend!!

You are welcome. That sounds like a great idea to have a gift card and it's an easy way you can avoid all the legal stuff. Good Luck with your Giveaway! Have a great weekend yourself! :) 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service