I'm fairly new to blogging and so I haven't completely figured everything out yet.  Here is my question.  Yesterday I was a Google Page Rank of 1 and today I'm at 0.  How can that be?  I haven't changed anything or done anything differently than before.  I know Alexa numbers can go up and down as I have seen mine do but I thought page rank pretty much stayed the same or went up, not down.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'd also like to know if there are any tips to raising page rank.

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I took a quick look at your blog- I can't say for sure but you probably were not ranked 1. I'm not saying that to be rude..but if it's still fairly new it takes a while to get there, so maybe that was a mistake or maybe Google made a mistake I'm not exactly sure.  I have a ton of tips about traffic, getting better rank and blogging if you'd like to check them out and one specifically on Alexa Rank- hope that helps :)

http://www.mompreneurmogul.com/

Actually no one knows true page rank (the green bar on Google toolbar is a vanity tool, not actual numbers).  I wouldn't worry about it at all. IF your blog is new, your site is going to fluctuate within Google.  With all the changes Google is making, blogs will be up and down. Keep posting good SEO optimized content, connect via social media and don't worry about things like Alexa, page rank, etc.

Thanks guys.  I'll check out your page Lisa.  I've decided that I'm not going to worry about it, just thought it was odd that the little PR button I had on my blog said 1 for a few months and then all of a sudden said 0. 

I would love to know how Google works. My blog doesn't even show up when I enter its name. I realize it may be because it's in its infancy, but still...it should show up if searched by name, right?

http://yourdoctorswife.blogspot.com/ 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service