The best way is to simply find other interesting mom blogs to read and then leave them comments. You want to build relationships with other mom bloggers. That brings on more readers.
One great thing about mom blogging is that everyone likes to reciprocate commenting and following one another.
commenting to other blogger moms is the best easiest way.
Hi Katherine - We wrote a post about backlinks. You can check it out here: http://mombloggersclub.com/profiles/blogs/how-important-are-backlinks
I'm trying to figure out the same thing. :)
Backlinks are basically links that take you back to your blog or website. So, for example if you wrote an article on someone else's site as a guest post, or if you write an article on another website and had a link it that article or guest post back to your blog, that's considered a backlink.
Hopefully I explained that okay ;)
I have a blog that has been up for a while but was looking for ways to get more traffic to my blog and to get more people to interact more with me.
There are so specific tactics to grow your following and engagement:
1. Write often and consistently.
2. Make sure to end all of your posts by asking your readers a question so they can respond.
3. Spend time building your social properties so that you can publicize your posts there.
4. Add a newsletter to your site so you can send weekly updates about new articles you've posts.
5. Read other blogs and comment on them regularly to build a relationship with your readers.
Let us know how it goes.
you'll get there eventually, but for a new blogger, our main focus is to provide good quality content and the traffic comes after that because they can't resist to read and share your posts.