I'm kind of new to the blogging thing but I love it! I've had my blog since last since last September and have what I consider to be a respectable audience (according to analytics, about 200 "loyal" visitors). I recently entered a drawing on another blog for a poster from Online Poster Printing. Yesterday, I got an e-mail from them saying that they saw my entry on the other blog and wanted to sponsor a giveaway on my blog. They also said to let them know if I was interested in selling them ad space and they'd make me an offer. I responded to the e-mail saying that I'd definitely be interested in discussing advertising. Today, I got a message from them asking me to place a text link in my sidebar and send them an invoice. Now, the person who won the other drawing is a friend of mine, and she got the poster that she won, so I'm assuming the company is legit but this all just seems a little strange to me.

The original e-mail said that after the giveaway, they would evaluate my blog for ad potential and make me a reasonable offer. The next message just said here's what we want you to put in your sidebar and send us an invoice. No mention of price or anything. Is this how it usually works? Does anyone have experience with this company? (Like I said, I know the winner from another blog drawing and I know a few people who have ordered from the company and were very satisfied, but I'm looking for experiences with their advertising people. I'm trying to get in touch with a couple of other bloggers I know who have hosted giveaways for them and see what they have to say)

If I do decide that I want to sell them ad space, what is a reasonable price? I was expecting them to make me an offer and then I'd decide if it was worth it. Since they just said to invoice them, I have no idea what is reasonable.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Tags: advertising

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Text ads are tricky because if not done correctly, they can mess up your Google Pagerank, but that gets complicated. As long as it's a product that fits organically with your blog, you should be fine. Text link ads are usually no more that $25 per month.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

DID YOU KNOW?

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service