I am looking for recommendations. I have read many many articles across the web but they are not from actual bloggers.
Do you have a hosted or self-hosted blog?
Why did you choose what you did and have you since thought about changing anything including the actual host?

Tags: Blog, hosted, self-hosted

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh good! So glad it was helpful. I'm the same way sometimes with videos-- I never get around to watching them. After getting so stuck getting my blog up, I remembered their site and BAM- success!
I am self-hosted and have been since 2003. Before that, I was a geocities freehost. Now...I actually have my own servers and I sell webspace about 5GB diskspace and 25GB bandwidth for $25 per year. I have been doing this since 2006. It makes it easy on those who really cannot afford a hefty $75 for space they will never use or from a host who will not tell them how much resources they have used until they went over.
I am ready to make a switch to WP (self hosted) but I am a little overwhelmed. Can anyone lead me in the right direction?
I have been helping people switch over, Melissa.

With WordPress, there is a way to import your posts, and comments received. With Blogger, I believe you can export those. That would be the file to transfer/ import.

Sometimes Blogger generated URLs do not transfer well, so you may have to install and use the plugin called Redirection.

You will definitely have to gear your layout's theme to be able to use WordPress. If you want to keep your current layout, I could take a look at and insert the WordPress script needed for your theme to function correctly.

If you have any questions, just send a message to me. I actually was going to do a tutorial on my site WPAddict.net about this. I work a lot with my own clients and they have enjoyed WordPress.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service