How are Bloggers teaching the public how to ask Bloggers for help with their advertising and promotions?

Personally, I have found little that teaches people how to connect with Bloggers and the Blogging industry.  It is relatively new for most and people think they can just approach and ask for help.

It does not work like that.  A lot of time and effort must go into connecting with a target audience blogger, joining in discussion and building a relationship.

How can Bloggers assist in educating the public to help them understand how to approach or connect with the Blogging world either to get endorsed for free or to pay for the promotion?

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would say that PR know that bloggers charge for their time because most have advertising rules listed on their blogs. I think that they still don't take blogs seriously like another online businesses they might purchase ads on. They seem to thik they are doing us a favor by letting us post about their company.

I've been going through this myself and some have been saying it's not in their budget- to pay for advertising? Tell me how a large multimillion dollar business has no budget for advertising? It's just a lie. I say, if I'm not worth compensation, your business is not worthy to my readers.

It definitely has to be a match first.  If the content is just not for your audience that the relationship is mute regardless.

If they state that they charge to promote or advertise then the business wishing to do so either did not pay attention and is not familiar or they are hoping that you fall in love with the idea and won't charge for it.

I do know that some Bloggers will do a promotion in exchange for tickets, product or service if they are interested.

I agree with Tess- all PR know we charge for our time. But it's their job to see what they can get for free. I get a lot of app requests because of awards I've won saying "Hey we know your audience would love this app" I just kindly respond " Yes I'm sure they would and I'm happy to help you but that is considered a sponsored post.  Many times they send the money right away so it's a non issue :)

Lisa Cash Hanson

Author Get Famous Most Amazing Mom Bloggers Resource On The Planet

2012 Huggies Mom Inspired Grant Winner SnuggWugg.com

MompreneurMogul.com

www.BlogsToRichesClub.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/21/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

MARKETPLACE

best makeup

best makeup