Unlimited Photo Storage

Pregnancy_Beauty

OUR BLOG

Who Can Donate Their Eggs? Egg Donation and You

Who can donate their eggs? Are there risks or side effects? Does it hurt? Who is going to use my eggs? These are some examples of valid questions a young woman asks herself when deciding to become an egg donor.…

How to Save Money on Family Debt

One of the biggest challenges that modern families face, is figuring out how to spend less money,…

What Thermostat Temperature Setting Should I Use in the Summer?

In this day and age, every little bit you do to help the environment helps. Conserving energy is one of the major global concerns, and those efforts start right there in your home. But when the summer comes, many homeowners don’t give a…

I always see wonderful graphics on blogs and even on here and I was just wondering if any blog designers or bloggers could tell me where they get the graphics they use for headers and stuff? Thanks so much for your help!

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use StockXpert.com and Flickr.com Creative Commons "Ok for commercial use" images.
Does anyone know if it's ok to use company logos on blogs?
No, that is infringement. Unless you wrote a specific post and the graphic is part of that post.
what do you mean? each week I cover walgreens and cvs deals. i noticed that some ladies use the logos and some don't so I quit. can i use them? THANKS!
I don't really have an answer to this because I don't know how to create graphics. I often do searches for them. The best way to get what you want is to click on the graphics/html code when you are at someone's blog and that will take you to the site/owner/creator. If its not public domain ask the owner/creator... many are more than willing to share.
I also use scrapblog. For me it was easy to use and I got the results I was looking for.
Once I created the graphic it was easy to save it to my computer and post in on photobucket.

-Mandy
http://www.onemomsreview.blogspot.com
As I use wordpress.org, it is truly fantastic, as there are so many amazing plugins there, also with some free photos to download if you need it. Love wordpress deeply. Also as I feature different ladies and their activities at the site, I 'borrow' their photos under their agreement, which is a perfect solution and amazing, wonderful pictures on my blog.

But thank you for starting this discussion - all those tips are very, very useful.
I mostly use Microsoft's free clip art and occasionally iStockPhoto. There are also clip art books you can buy and scan. I love vintage graphics, so I use clip art from the '30s, '40s, and '50s.
There are several digital scrapbooking sites that have GREAT "blogwear"...headers, buttons, etc.

The Shabby Shoppe
Digital Freebies
A Cherry On Top
StockXpert.com is my favorite because it's cheap and they have a great selection.

I have also made a bunch of button anyone is free to use:
http://scarymommycreations.blogspot.com/
I design blogs, and most of the blogs I've made I've designed evrything from scratch, I also design digital scrapbooking products.
I recently wrote a post asking this question. One of my photographer blogger/friends said keep my camera handy and click away! LOL. I have the same problem. I sometimes use images.google.com and give credit, but a lot of people want you to ask for permission before you use it and I mostly write quickly and last minute so that doesn't work. Good luck! :)

RSS

© 2018   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service