Hello,

As a new mom, I very much work around my
son's sleeping schedule. I love blogging and networking with other moms
and have found that I don't have that much time each day to do so since
my son needs a lot of attention. If you have a young baby, how do you
do it and how much time do you spend blogging a day? Thanks!  

Tags: Time, baby, blogging, management

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a toddler tornado (lol), and I blog whenever I get a free moment (I've been blogging for over 3 years now) - sometimes it might be in the evenings, sometimes early in the morning, etc. What I do is keep my laptop in command central - my kitchen - with open notepad, and I type out ideas and thoughts here and there as I go by. Some days I'll get an hour in, some days I get super lucky and get 2 or 3 - and then other days like Wednesday I barely have time to answer emails.

The best advice I can give you is to just go with the flow with your time. Remember there is no rewind button on life - your family is your priority, then your blog of course. Keep notepads and pens around where you might be in the house, so you can scribble those ideas and thoughts down, and then just finish your writing at naptime or in the evenings at bedtime. :)
thanks storm. i think what i really need to do is to get a laptop. i have a mad desk top so i am restricted where i can work. and this bothers my baby's daddy too because at night when we are supposed to be spending time together, i will be in the office room blogging. i think once you are a SAHM and blogger, you pretty much work around the clock. and days i have noticed vary a lot. just depends on what needs to be done and how good the baby is. thanks again for your response.

Storm said:
I have a toddler tornado (lol), and I blog whenever I get a free moment (I've been blogging for over 3 years now) - sometimes it might be in the evenings, sometimes early in the morning, etc. What I do is keep my laptop in command central - my kitchen - with open notepad, and I type out ideas and thoughts here and there as I go by. Some days I'll get an hour in, some days I get super lucky and get 2 or 3 - and then other days like Wednesday I barely have time to answer emails.

The best advice I can give you is to just go with the flow with your time. Remember there is no rewind button on life - your family is your priority, then your blog of course. Keep notepads and pens around where you might be in the house, so you can scribble those ideas and thoughts down, and then just finish your writing at naptime or in the evenings at bedtime. :)
I'm not a SAHM - I work a rather stressful full-time job (where my boss calls me at home or on weekends), have a near-3 year old and I find time to blog and cook homemade meals each night. You'll squeeze it in if you want to. To me, blogging is a fun, relaxing hobby. I do blog over my lunch hour at work sometimes instead of hitting the gym or while on my laptop watching a movie with the hubby. Although I prefer blogging from the desktop - mine's so much faster than my laptop!

Good luck and enjoy that baby - the time flies by so quickly!
Lately it seems that I don't! My kiddo just started pre-k, and I thought I'd have more time to blog. Seems I have less time than ever trying to get things done while she's at school for 4 hours. :)
thank u and i will!

Aleksandra Nearing said:
I'm not a SAHM - I work a rather stressful full-time job (where my boss calls me at home or on weekends), have a near-3 year old and I find time to blog and cook homemade meals each night. You'll squeeze it in if you want to. To me, blogging is a fun, relaxing hobby. I do blog over my lunch hour at work sometimes instead of hitting the gym or while on my laptop watching a movie with the hubby. Although I prefer blogging from the desktop - mine's so much faster than my laptop!

Good luck and enjoy that baby - the time flies by so quickly!
well i think like what a lot of the moms r saying is just making the time here and therewhen u can. good luck!

Mary Salvato said:
Lately it seems that I don't! My kiddo just started pre-k, and I thought I'd have more time to blog. Seems I have less time than ever trying to get things done while she's at school for 4 hours. :)
Boppy. She laid on the Boppy nursing on demand while I sat at the computer. Basically until she started crawling! Then my husband got me a laptop with WiFi and installed a wireless modem in the house! I didn't make enough milk, so she was constantly sucking, so I never had to get up to put her down for a nap, since she'd only snooze for 15 minutes before eating again!
I'm also not responsible for all the household chores. My husband recognizes that watching her is a full-time job, just like his, but I don't get breaks or lunch! So I give him his 15 minutes alone-time when he gets home, then he's in charge for bit! He does dishes, I do laundry (less work all at once, until it's time to put away! But I can fold as I think, browse, or catch up on blog reading if I bring the basket into the computer room with me.) He irons, since I don't care about wrinkly clothes but he does. Slow cooker meals help too. I can make it while I'm doing lunch, then it's ready at dinnertime. (You can get disposable liners fairly cheaply so you don't even have to wash the cooker out!)
Exchange students or hosting of some kind can be nice too, if you have the space. Many programs either pay you (to hire a cleaner!) or the student/guest has to pitch in around the house. A friend has hers babysit 2 evenings a week. Or a neighbor kid after school as a mother's helper. Someone who isn't old enough to babysit unsupervised yet, but wants to learn. They're MUCH cheaper than sitters! You could get help entertaining the baby in the other room while you blog or catch up on other work so you can blog later!
Keep a notebook- take notes of things as you think of them- ideas, sentences, phrases, etc...When stuck for an idea, peek at the notebook!

Or....write them in a memo to yourself on your smart phone & email to your computer. Copy & paste what you have so far into a blog post, add to it and edit. Publish.

Or...open a new blog post- write as you can, saving the draft each time until you are done. When the post is finished, publish.
I pretty much go with the flow. however I also have recipes to bake ontop of my typing. usually things are planned to get done durin nap times.
www.bakingwithred,blogspot.com

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service