There are many ways in which mom bloggers are making money on their blogs. Some are making a pretty good living and others make just enough to buy a small cup a coffee; the range is immense. How do you monetize your blog -- through selling ad space on your own, being a part of an ad network, asking for donations from loyal readers, through affiliate advertising, or other?

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm convinced that unless you have amazing traffic, ad networks, affiliate programs, Adsense, etc. don't add up to that much per month. Even direct sales of ads and paid posting doesn't make you much, especially now that everyone is getting tight with their promotional budgets.

Instead, the people I know who are making money are using their blog as a marketing platform to get book deals, do paid writing for print and online sites, teach, and consult.
I mostly make money from BlogHer ads, Amazon and Google adsense. Both amazon and adsense barely made me any money my first 8 months or so, but they picked up. BlogHer made money from the beginning because people don't have to buy or even click, you are paid by page views.

I am getting rid of Project Wonderful as soon as I meet the minimum payout of $10. It isn't worth it for the few pennies. I really started trying some other affiliates in addition to Amazon (ex. The Discovery Channel store) but its too soon to tell. I did get one private ad from someone that approached me, but it was back when my blog was much newer so I accepted it for very little money.
The first year I did paid work, I made quite well for what I considered minimal work. Then, google slashed the pagerank of everyone doing paid posts and it cut my income drastically. So, now I'm re-building. It's working but man it's slow as crap to get it to happen...good luck ladies.
I started doing blogging just for fun and be able to connect friends back home. But in the long run I've learned few things to monetize it like paid reviews. I've done three sites for paid reviews but I'm only now sticking to one. It doesn't pay much but it's definitely enough to pay for the hosting domain. But I have learned how to redesign blogging websites which I make small amount on the side.

But it's all for fun really. And I've learned a lot from other Moms in the blogging world.
I left a comment here on Mom Bloggers Club on Best Ways to Monetize your Blog

I conducted a survey to find the best money making sites for blogs.

I'm not sure of the rules on this forum, so I didn't want to just recopy everything I said.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service