What if all blog sites no longer allowed comments? Would you still want to write your thoughts, experiences for others to see? Or is feedback a main reason for your blog?

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ann,

I definitely would keep blogging if I couldn't get comments, because I'm a writer first and foremost (heck, I used to keep a diary! Who sees that?). I kind of wonder, though, about the value of commenting myself. How often do we all comment because we're really interested in what a blogger has said, or because we're looking to drive traffic to ourselves?

For example ... do you comment on a great blog post -- even if you'll be the fiftieth or hundredth commenter, and probably nobody will see it? I have to be honest. Usually, I don't.
I like the feedback VERY much! I have my comments emailed to me and I read and enjoy every single one! I would probably blog even without the comments...but I would miss them!
I know what you mean about commenting on a very popular post. I feel invisible once it gets to a big number.
Me too!
I do it for my own self. So it doesnt matter to me. Basically an online diary that is viewable to ones I allow. No comments are fine by me.
Good question, Ann. I'm sure I'd keep blogging because I love writing, but I also enjoy the community of blogs, which is why I've narrowed my freelancing focus to blogging!
Teri, thanks for your response :->

Mary, I agree. I like the community of blogging as well.
I like feedback, but I'd almost be relieved if comments weren't allowed...because then I wouldn't feel the need to please so much when I write.

I started my blog to get me writing everyday and so I'd write whether or not anyone visited, but it sure is nice to not feel like a tree in a silent forest!
I can totally relate to this! :->
I would definitly keep blogging if there were no comments. I do love reading what my readers have to say forsure, but I write just as though I was wrighting in a journal, only I dont run out of ink, or get a hand cramp!! I love blogging and will continue, with or without comments.
I totally agree!! I've always loved writing, and blogging is a great way!
And because of your intriguing, terrific answer I am zipping over to your blog right now!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/26/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service