I have really been wondering this....I am new to blogging and feel like I get a "good" amount of traffic but I am sure it's below the respectable amount!

So what is GOOD traffic....or great traffic?  When can you approach sponsors or when do they take notice?

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is interesting you ask this. I was just talking to a blogging buddy about traffic and I really think it depends upon where you are at, how long you have been blogging, how often you blog and what is your niche. Obviously a deal/coupon blogger is going to have much higher traffic than say a standard mommy blogger who does only an occasional review/giveaway.

I know that many PR/companies have had minimum unique numbers out there to review certain products. I know some look for 10k uniques to review larger products and some others wanted at least 5k.

Because I've been blogging a while what I think it is great traffic is going to be different than yours. I know my idea of great has changed over the course of the last two years.

If you want to get a general idea of where others are at, use compete.com Keep in mind many bloggers hate compete because the numbers can be off but it will still give you a general idea of where some more established blogs are at, assuming they own their domain.

I think that as long as you doing what you can to continue to grow (including commenting on other blogs, using social media, etc) eventually sponsors will start to take notice. You can approach sponsors at any level as long as you are respectful. A personal pitch/idea helps too. :)

To be perfectly honest with you, you can approach sponsors at anytime.  If you have a great site with great content and you can really promote yourself to potential sponsors they will want to work with you.  I wouldn't focus as much on your traffic as on your actually dedicated readership.  Meaning do you have a good deal of people that come back often and that are actively engaged when you post.  Sponsors would be more pleased with the fact that you can get your dedicated followers to visit them or what not versus a ton of on hitters coming to your page but never visiting your sponsor.  I don't know if you use Google Anaylitics or Quantcast but these two things can show you how many repeat visitors you get and how many page views per visitor you are receiving those are some pretty important things to look at as far as making yourself even more appealing to sponsors.

Danielle

Mom Blogger Basics
and
The Mommy Chronicles

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/30/14 BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…