How to deal with another blogger who copy & pasted your work

I am in desperate need of advice here.  I had another local blogger Copy & Paste an entire post of mine yesterday. What she didn't and still does not realize that several links in my post linked to previous posts I had made - this caused a pingback letting me know she did it.  This is the 2nd time this has happened with her and I know that there have been other copy&paste posts she has made that I haven't caught.  The problem is that we are acquaintances here in town - both pretty well known and this will likely be the straw.  Do I let it go to maintain peace or do I say something?  I am INCREDIBLY irritated and need some advice.  What would you do???

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd send her a message instructing her to credit you for your posts. She shouldn't be stealing your content without acknowledging you as the author and providing a backlink to your blog.

http://bloggersearnbucks.com/2012/05/blogging-copyrights-and-plagia...

This site has some really good tips for when someone steals your posts. You can report this to the person's webhost and they can be shut down if they don't remove your content.

I would definitely say something. I know it's hard but if you're putting in the work to create posts and all she does is copy / paste that's just plain wrong. Suggest that maybe she can be a guest blogger on your blog and you can do the same for her as long as you are credited for her work.

I'm sorry you have to go through such a sticky situation. Let us know how you resolved it. Good luck

Reply to Discussion

RSS

DID YOU KNOW?

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service