I have been pretty casual about my blog for a while now, but I would love to get more subscribers and viewers.  Any tips on building my audience?  Please advise.

Thanks,

Drey

www.mommylessons101.com

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blog hops and week-long blog parties.  I do both and I have greatly increased my readership.  In my right-hand side bar I have about 40 or so blog hops that I participate in at one point or another...I also host a blog hop each Friday called Mommy Teaches. www.littlerandr.org. The trick is, though - when you link up your blog post you ought to visit at least 1 or 2 other linked up blogs and leave a comment.  Twitter is also a great resource.

I checked out your blog.  Very nice.  I like the Halloween post.  I liked your fb page.  Please like mine.  If you have time please check out my blog.

Thanks,

Donna

http://slimsopinion.com

www.facebook.com/slimsopinion

Can you please tell me what blog hops are? How do they work?

Absolutely!  A blog hop is where a blogger's post allows other bloggers to link up a post from their blog.  If you go to the bottom of my post here you'll see that several bloggers have linked up their post.

http://www.littlerandr.org/2012/10/mommy-fall-fun-mommy-teaches-fri...

You'll see below their pictures bold blue font that says, "Click Here to Enter" - you click on that and it will walk you through.

Some blog hops are for specific types of posts: recipes, DIY projects, photos, homeschooling, spiritual themes...some are general (like mine) and allow for any topic.  Be sure to read their instructions before posting.  For example, I allow a blogger to link up as many posts at they want on an G-rated topic - but no giveaways.  Some bloggers are very strict and will actually delete posts that do not comply.  I'm more lenient and will let it slide - as long as one blogger doesn't do it consistently.

I hope this helps.  :)  My blog hop is still going on until Thursday - link up with me!  :)  If you need more help, let me know. Also, my right sidebar has links to all the blog hops I participate in.  So, be sure to click on some of them this week, too.  

I am following you now. <3

myfourlittles.blogspot.com

facebook.com/myfourlittles

I am following you as well.  I enjoyed reading your blog.  <3

Thanks so much for this reply! I would love more help and will ping you directly for it. I am pretty much having the same issue: I dont know how to move beyond my immediate circle of people i know for more readership.

Looking forward to chatting with you about blog stuff :)

That's the same problem I was having.  When I started blog hopping I began to "meet" some really wonderful people...we are all each other's faithful readers now.  :)  It really does work.  

Just linked up to your blog hop. Yaay! My first ever. Thanks so much.

Awesome!!!  I can't wait to read your post and visit your blog.  :)  Did you see the blog hop buttons on my right side bar?  There are hops from Monday through Friday.  :)  Eat your heart out!  haha!  It is a lot of fun.  I look forward to blog hopping every week.  

i would love more readers as well. lets network together!

www.sixfeetunderblog.com

Hi Drey! I feeling the same way. I'm looking for ways to create traffic for my new blog. Please follow me at www.twitter.com/mommatude478 and on my website at http://mommatude.webs.com and I will return the favor. I look forward to reading your blogs! Have a great day!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/17/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

MARKETPLACE

best makeup

best makeup

Advertisement

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service