I have been pretty casual about my blog for a while now, but I would love to get more subscribers and viewers.  Any tips on building my audience?  Please advise.

Thanks,

Drey

www.mommylessons101.com

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blog hops and week-long blog parties.  I do both and I have greatly increased my readership.  In my right-hand side bar I have about 40 or so blog hops that I participate in at one point or another...I also host a blog hop each Friday called Mommy Teaches. www.littlerandr.org. The trick is, though - when you link up your blog post you ought to visit at least 1 or 2 other linked up blogs and leave a comment.  Twitter is also a great resource.

I checked out your blog.  Very nice.  I like the Halloween post.  I liked your fb page.  Please like mine.  If you have time please check out my blog.

Thanks,

Donna

http://slimsopinion.com

www.facebook.com/slimsopinion

Can you please tell me what blog hops are? How do they work?

Absolutely!  A blog hop is where a blogger's post allows other bloggers to link up a post from their blog.  If you go to the bottom of my post here you'll see that several bloggers have linked up their post.

http://www.littlerandr.org/2012/10/mommy-fall-fun-mommy-teaches-fri...

You'll see below their pictures bold blue font that says, "Click Here to Enter" - you click on that and it will walk you through.

Some blog hops are for specific types of posts: recipes, DIY projects, photos, homeschooling, spiritual themes...some are general (like mine) and allow for any topic.  Be sure to read their instructions before posting.  For example, I allow a blogger to link up as many posts at they want on an G-rated topic - but no giveaways.  Some bloggers are very strict and will actually delete posts that do not comply.  I'm more lenient and will let it slide - as long as one blogger doesn't do it consistently.

I hope this helps.  :)  My blog hop is still going on until Thursday - link up with me!  :)  If you need more help, let me know. Also, my right sidebar has links to all the blog hops I participate in.  So, be sure to click on some of them this week, too.  

I am following you now. <3

myfourlittles.blogspot.com

facebook.com/myfourlittles

I am following you as well.  I enjoyed reading your blog.  <3

Thanks so much for this reply! I would love more help and will ping you directly for it. I am pretty much having the same issue: I dont know how to move beyond my immediate circle of people i know for more readership.

Looking forward to chatting with you about blog stuff :)

That's the same problem I was having.  When I started blog hopping I began to "meet" some really wonderful people...we are all each other's faithful readers now.  :)  It really does work.  

Just linked up to your blog hop. Yaay! My first ever. Thanks so much.

Awesome!!!  I can't wait to read your post and visit your blog.  :)  Did you see the blog hop buttons on my right side bar?  There are hops from Monday through Friday.  :)  Eat your heart out!  haha!  It is a lot of fun.  I look forward to blog hopping every week.  

i would love more readers as well. lets network together!

www.sixfeetunderblog.com

Hi Drey! I feeling the same way. I'm looking for ways to create traffic for my new blog. Please follow me at www.twitter.com/mommatude478 and on my website at http://mommatude.webs.com and I will return the favor. I look forward to reading your blogs! Have a great day!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/19/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service