In response to the # of comments discussion: Do you reply back to your comments?

I try to respond back to all my comments even if it's just to thank the commenter for stopping by my blog. Do you reply back to your comments? How do you do this - on your site or via email?

Tags: blogging, commenting, conversation

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DUH! Didn't even think about dropping a entrecard. Thanks for that idea.

I try to respond but I think Jenni said it, I get a lot of non-reply so I try to at least go to their blog and comment. I want to move over to WP so bad so I can do that comment to the comment thingy. One day...one day.
I have a question and I thought it might fit here...

There is a blogger I enjoy and when I comment she will come and comment on my site, but only when I comment on hers. So I don't feel like she is being genuine or I know that she only came because I commented on hers. So it doesn't make me feel like I am getting a loyal reader. BUT she gets a lot of comments on her posts. Granted they are good posts, but I can't help but think that it is partly because she comments back on your site and creating a readership that way. My question is: does leaving a comment on a person's blog in return for one on your blog a good strategy to build community and readership for your blog?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this! I may just be over thinking this matter.

~Amanda
It's a good stategy to do "tit for tat" but if the comments don't feel genuine or aren't quality, what's the point?
Thanks, Anne-Marie. I may just try 'tit for tat' for a while anyway and see how it goes....
I try to respond as much as I can. It is hard some days. I usually try to email and respond on the post.
This is something that I really need to work on. I do usually go to visit and comment on their blog but lately with all the giveaways, I know fully well that's why they're there!
I do respond, as I find some of the comments and responses back and forth can be even funnier then the post itself and to me it engages my readers. It shows them that I am actually interested in them visiting my blog
I'm really new to all of this and blog on a site for parents to start their own groups around class rooms or Scout Troops or soccer teams. We don't have a ton of traffic yet and I feel like people are going to be sick of hearing from me if I reply to comments. Am I wrong here? I love the idea of returning the favor and will certainly reply to anyone who leaves blog information on our site.
Yes! I try to respond to all comments (although I am not getting hardly any yet). This week was the first time I have seen someone email me a response to a comment, and I liked the individual touch that it had!
I try to on my site, but fail, miserably lol I would love to but mainly I just go to the persons blog and show them some love. Sometimes I reply in email :)
I try to email back most of the commenters, and i reply on the blog to the ones that I think need a public answer. But, right now I'm so far behind on responding I might not ever get done. LOL
Honestly, I would just like to have one or two just to know people are reading - but I will take as much as I can get.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Summer Travel

Will you and your family take a vacation this year? Where are you going? What are your favorite travel tips for families? Share in our forum.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service