In response to the # of comments discussion: Do you reply back to your comments?

I try to respond back to all my comments even if it's just to thank the commenter for stopping by my blog. Do you reply back to your comments? How do you do this - on your site or via email?

Tags: blogging, commenting, conversation

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh shoot, I read the question wrong. Yes, I do reply. Most of the time on my blog!
I used to reply in the comments if it was something that needed replying too but I just started having them come to my inbox so I can reply properly. I rarely go back to places I commented to see if there are responses so I figure no one else does either. I don't reply everytime though. I wouldn't want everyone to reply to my comments, too much email.
I usually try to respond. Sometimes I just email back.
If someone leaves a comment on one of my blogs, I try to go back to their blog (if it is listed) and leave a comment to them. I have never emailed anyone back though. I did just receive an email from the owner of a blog I commented on this morning, and I thought it was nice to hear from her. Honestly, this isn't an issue I deal with much since I rarely get comments anyway!
I would say I reply back about 50% of the time. It depends on what I'm doing when I check my email. I respond via email.
Sometimes I reply or comment on their blog but it is time consuming. I wish I had more time to do things like that.
I would definitely comment back even if it was just one line. I often comment my heart out on people's blogs and don't get a response and that bothers me. I appreciate those of you who DO comment back or at least visit the sites of those that comment. I think being a blogger means you should really share and spread the love around and it will come back to you in the end.
If it requires a response, I do in my site. If not, I try to visit their site and leave comments on their posts.
I wish I had the time to respond to everyone that comments but that's not always possible when I'm running giveaways every week.
I always reply either by email, if it's a regular or go visit their blog. I've met some great people by surfing blogs and leaving a few comments.
I reply to all my comment...I first reply via the comment itself and if I want to say something more then I follow up with a personal email. I think it's important to reply because the person took time to visit and comment. Not alot of people do, they just visit.

As for leaving comments I try to always leave a comment when visiting a site but sometimes it's not possible. With all the anti-spam setting sometime you have to jump thru too many hoops just to say hello, I read your blog. I have a baby in hand and limited time so for those people that need me to sign in, read and write a word and all that extra... I just I just read and keep surfing.
I reply back to almost all comments. Especially from new people. I respond via email. It seems more personal to me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service