Advertisement

Unlimited Photo Storage

Pregnancy_Beauty

OUR BLOG

10 Ways to Spend More Time in Nature

You might dislike nature. It’s the home of mud, bugs, and sunburns. It’s also the home of beautiful views, fresh air, and wonderful fragrances. You might dislike nature, but on the other hand, you might love it. Whatever your feelings about nature, you know you should be…

What To Post About On Your Mom Blog About Your Family’s RV Trip

If you run a mom blog, you should know full well that a family RV trip is far too big of an opportunity to pass up to write about.

In fact, you can probably get multiple posts out of a single RV trip, even if it’s only a quick…

Adorable flower girl dresses to choose from

As the music rises and your guests’ heads start to turn, they’ll be delighted to see the cutest little members of the wedding party start making their way down the aisle.

The tradition…

Hi all - I'm new here and have been blogging for almost a year. I think this site is fantastic but I'm a little confused. A lot of bloggers are aiming to reach the "100" followers mark. Does this mean something? Will I win a new microwave or perhaps that "special" massage I've been dreaming about from Robert Pattinson?

Thanks!

A

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

100 is not a magical number. You are not going to win a prize or get a set of steak knives just because you've reach 100, 200 and so on. Sure the more followers you have the better for your blogs traffic and for some people this means trying to get to a magical number, thus feeling the need to put out on forums & twitter that they want you to follow them just to increase their numbers which they normally round out to the 100. It's one thing to tout your blog posts to get people to visit, I think it's quite another to tout your need for followers.
it is funny how excited people get about needing to reach a certain number of followers. I don't understand it when people beg for followers instead of letting their content do the work.
I agree. If people click the "follow" button and never come back to read your content, what's the point?
I have to agree with the other posts. I don't care how many followers I have, just that people come back to read what I've written. That's a bigger ego boost than watching my following numbers go up!
That's what my thought was too....

Thanks for the replies, just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone in my thinking......
I'm one of those people who likes to set a goal. That's what this sounds like to me.

It motivates you to do something that you want to get done.
I always do a giveaway when I reach the hundreds mark in followers on my blog. It's not b/c I think it means something, it's just an opportunity to thank everyone who follows me and reads my blog. Inevitably the people who comment a lot and read regularly are the ones who tend to win the giveaways (b/c they are most likely to enter), but doing it in 100 follower intervals allows me to do it periodically and reminds me to thank the people who make me the blogger that I am. I'm not really a giveaway blogger so it's like a special treat:)
Looks like it works for you. I think it is a great idea to thank people for their loyalty. Bet the readers keep coming back because they like to read what you write about though.
Sorry, I entered my comment twice somehow:/
I am goal orientated and 100 followers would be great - and then on to the next 100. It's harmless fun on my part.
Is it possible to agree with both sides? LOL! I would love to have 100 followers and admit I follow my statistics to see if people are reading. I also agree you need to have something worth reading in order for people to want to follow ... meaning come back after that initial click....
I hope some find my site comfortable and the only way to judge that is by the numbers. So I shoot for my goals and celebrate in a small way when I reach them.
Peace,
K
Bottom line, there are good blogs and the rewards are the readers that continue to support them.

The WONbloggers Team
WONbloggers.com

RSS

© 2018   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service