When was the last time you took a moment to write someone a letter? 

PRIZE

Answer our Question of the Day and be entered to win an organic, ToxicFree® product from Chae Organics -- from shampoo and conditioner to body wash and lotion --  from our partner, Healthy Home Company. 

Friday's winner is Julia Simpson. Congrats!

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While I used to love receiving letters for penpals and friends, no one does it anymore. I guess the ease of sending a text, e-mail, or Facebook message (as well as the cost of stamps nowadays) has taken over while writing letters stays in the past. Is it dead? Not completely but it's well on its way to becoming a dead art as long as technology makes things easier.

But oh, the feelings that can pour onto the paper! 

The last time I wrote a hand-written letter...I have no idea.  Does writing a hand-written note in a blank card count?  If so, I just did this on Monday.  I sent out two cards - one to my sister and a friend...just because to let them know they're appreciated.  So yeah, letter writing isn't dead.  At least not in my book.

I did stop writing letters for a while but when I had my daughter she was upset that everyone in the house would get mail except for her.  So now when my husband and I go away on trips we always write her a letter even if it's overnight.  The last time was in February. She loves it and keeps them all.

I haven't written a letter in a long time, but I still firmly believe in cards! I love writing and receiving them.

Yes every holiday to my family...husband on anniversary mom on motgers day exct

The other day I wrote a letter to my cousin in the Navy. I couldn't believe how long it had been since I had actually picked up a pen to write a letter. I actually do miss it, but email is faster. :-)

The last time I wrote a letter was Christmas 2012. My 13 yr old daughter had passed away that September. It was our first Christmas without her so her brother, sister, me and my sons father wrote letters to her and my sons father's mom who passed Dec 2011. They are buried right next to each other so we decorated their plots as one and had a jar we left the letters in. 

I write a lot of cards, but I also write a letter to each of my babies every year at their birthday to tell them what all they did that year. I am saving them for them to read when they are around 18 or so. It's a great time to reflect on their precious lives and how fast they are growing.

I must admit it's been quite awhile since I've written a letter and sent it. I would love to get back into the habit of it, though. It's so nice to get Snail Mail. I really miss it.

Congrats to the lucky winner!

I remember growing up with letters. All my family communicated this way and when I would get something in the mail I loved it! I have grown up in the techy age and though I love all these techy I do miss the "snail mail age" It was the excitement of waiting by the mailbox for a letter JUST for me, the fun of opening the letter to find that someone had taken time to sit down and write something JUST for me, and the fun it was sitting down and writing them back JUST from me.

I have found my kids pen pals! its just something that we do once a month or so to keep the "snail mail" alive in our home! i have 4 kids and I think this is something that they will thank me for when they grow up!

For our home and life "letter writing ISN'T DEAD!"

My sister and I were just talking about this and have decided to start writing letters to each other again.  We both love mail that isn't bills.  I'm ready to get started. 

2 months ago, January, I wrote a letter for my husband. It was our 7 years anniversary. For me, it's a long overdue one. He's the one who always write me notes and love letters--we started out as long distance relationship.

Since we had a baby, everything really got busy. We hardly have time to go out on a date. And I thought a love letter would renew or reassure him that things will be okay as long as we have each other. Kinda cheesy, I know. It was 3 long pages of all of my feelings. Long story short, he felt very loved and appreciated, which is the reason why I did it in the first place.

I think writing a love letter is more personal and it gets your message across. And most of all sweet! :)

RSS

© 2018   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service