Looking for feedback on my blog... Give it to me honestly ladies!

My blog is pretty new and was just moved to self-hosted Wordpress. My goal right now is to build sustained traffic and get more followers, while adding content. I wanted to get some outside POVs on my strengths and weaknesses. What could I improve? What should I keep doing? Don't hold back, every piece of advice will be considered as I continue working on my blog.

Thanks all!

Http://bedandboard.dragonsys.org

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Renae-

The blog looks great. The only suggestion I have is the url.  Does it have to be .dragonsys.org?  Can't you just make it like bedandboard.com?

Having a memorable url is very helpful. 

Michelle

The reason it is under dragonsys.org is that my boyfriend is hosting it as a sub-domain under his domain name. Since I get a free domain name and hosting doing it that way, I'll probably be sticking with that url.

Michelle Howard said:

Hi Renae-

The blog looks great. The only suggestion I have is the url.  Does it have to be .dragonsys.org?  Can't you just make it like bedandboard.com?

Michelle

The only suggestion I have is the exact same :) It really will make a difference (a big one). You could register a domain name and use the same hosting. Domain names are usually $10 per year.

FIRST, you need to send me that yummy cheesecake.  My address is....  LOL!  I saw that in Taste of Home too and have been dying to make it.  Was it as yummy as it looks?

OK, I don't want to beat a dead horse, but the others are right - getting a memorable, dedicated URL will make a difference. I switched from self-hosted WP at one domain/host to a self-hosted WP at a new domain/host.  It took a few days of transition, but everything switched over perfectly and I cannot be happier with the switch.  :)

My advice to you to generate more traffic is to get hopping.  Find blog hops and link up.  My Twitter following has doubled already this year from participating in Twitter hops.  My Facebook fan page is also growing.  GFC too.  My only problem is that people are following me with Networked Blogs and I cannot follow back because I've followed 200 already and that is the cutoff.  They told me that, if I need to follow more than 200, I must be a "pro" blogger and needed to find a pro solution for blog following.  Um, no, but thanks for the flattery.  LOL!

Stop by my blog.  I just started a new meme called Frugalista Fridays and you are welcome to link up.  That cheesecake recipe would be a great one to link.  Har!  

Blessings,

Cara

http://www.totallytemberton.net

if you can send us all that cheesecake, we'll give you an 11 out of 10!
blog looks great!
Lol, it seems to be popular. Maybe I need to start a cheesecake blog. It'd give me an excuse to make them all the time!

nicole said:
if you can send us all that cheesecake, we'll give you an 11 out of 10!
blog looks great!

I'll look into the url thing, it may be awhile since we have several things going on right now financially.

As I find blog hops I actually add them to my calendar with the link to them so I remember to do them each day, lol. Other wise I'd forget where I found what. I'll take a link at your Frugalista Friday. It's 11:11 PM here, so hopefully I can slip in under the deadline.

Cara Riggles said:

FIRST, you need to send me that yummy cheesecake.  My address is....  LOL!  I saw that in Taste of Home too and have been dying to make it.  Was it as yummy as it looks?

OK, I don't want to beat a dead horse, but the others are right - getting a memorable, dedicated URL will make a difference. I switched from self-hosted WP at one domain/host to a self-hosted WP at a new domain/host.  It took a few days of transition, but everything switched over perfectly and I cannot be happier with the switch.  :)

My advice to you to generate more traffic is to get hopping.  Find blog hops and link up.  My Twitter following has doubled already this year from participating in Twitter hops.  My Facebook fan page is also growing.  GFC too.  My only problem is that people are following me with Networked Blogs and I cannot follow back because I've followed 200 already and that is the cutoff.  They told me that, if I need to follow more than 200, I must be a "pro" blogger and needed to find a pro solution for blog following.  Um, no, but thanks for the flattery.  LOL!

Stop by my blog.  I just started a new meme called Frugalista Fridays and you are welcome to link up.  That cheesecake recipe would be a great one to link.  Har!  

Blessings,

Cara

http://www.totallytemberton.net

All but one of my sites are sub-domains.  You don't have to have the url appear as so. Who is your host? I use Host Gator.  You can redirect the sub-domain url to your own but you'll have to at least invest in the $10 a year for the domain name. If you need any help doing it, I wouldn't mind showing you.

Renae Goley said:
The reason it is under dragonsys.org is that my boyfriend is hosting it as a sub-domain under his domain name. Since I get a free domain name and hosting doing it that way, I'll probably be sticking with that url.

Michelle Howard said:

Hi Renae-

Michelle

My boyfriend also hosts it for me. He does side-work as a web host.

Michelle Howard said:
All but one of my sites are sub-domains.  You don't have to have the url appear as so. Who is your host? I use Host Gator.  You can redirect the sub-domain url to your own but you'll have to at least invest in the $10 a year for the domain name. If you need any help doing it, I wouldn't mind showing you.

Just a quick update. We went ahead and got my own domain name, so that problem is solved. Now to update my profiles and such, lol.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service