I am scared crapless about this… all signs and symptoms point to lung cancer. My Dr. Wants I to come in about x-rays… already had a breathing test done… I am only using 75% of my lungs… I would just like to know if you knew or know someone with lung cancer and what their signs and symptoms were so maybe I can rule it out…
Also what you need to know is that my Dr. said I had Emphysema and on the phone that other day I reminded him of that… he said he knows but needs me to come in and talk about my x-rays… I said why not over the phone… he said he wanted me to be in his office when he talks to me… why wouldn’t he instead say about my condition instead of saying x-rays?
I just need to relax…
Here are my current signs and symptoms, and I looked on the net a thousand times, and talked to my dad who also has Emphysema… he said he doesn’t have any pain and his condition is really bad…
1. Cough has gotten worse/ shortness of breath,
2. The rattle/wheezing has gotten worse
3. There is a constant pressure around the chest
4. There is many times through out the day sharp pains in back and front for chest that also travels to my neck at times and along my back of the shoulders. On occasion at the lower back.
5. I am weak most of the day, my arms don’t feel all up to par moving, along with my legs, they want to buckle a lot lately. I am shaky.
6. Lost a lot of my appetite, don’t feel very hungry.
7. Lost some muscle mass in bottom left lip… soft and pliable
8. Muscles cramps up for no reasons.
9. Tired still when 2 – 3 pm comes along… (exhausted)
10. Puffy hands and face even when I am cold.
Go directly to the doctor, please! Do not pass GO, do not collect $200 (Monopoly game reference).
My mom, age 66, just had a lobectomy. She has COPD and the beginnings of emphysema, but they never would have caught her cancer if she hadn't had a catch in her throat. She tol her pulmonologist about feeling like she needed to clear her throat a lot, and they did an x-ray, then a cat scan, then a PET scan, then an MRI, then a biopsy. She is so lucky to have found it when she did. It is a stage 1 squamous cell carcinoma. Please don't wait to go talk to your doctor! There is so much they can do - if it is cancer - and it may not be - but you have to know about it to treat it.
Ask any pregnant woman and she will tell you that now she’s expecting what once smelled delicious - like roasting coffee beans for example, has suddenly become the one smell that induces an overwhelming feeling of nausea. For some women the pregnant nose goes into smell overdrive…