Hello moms!

You all are some very bright, intelligent women and I value your opinion. I'm hoping you all can help me out with this article I'm writing. The topic is how women can manage their finances during their maternity leave. I know most people have to take either some sort of reduced pay or unpaid leave (boo!), either of which can wreck havoc on your finances during a particularly trying time.

Can anyone give me some tips on things that they did that made it easier? I appreciate it!

Tags: finances, leave, maternity

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My husband and I saved every penny we could in the 9 months leading up to the birth of our daughter to help with maternity leave. We also set up a tighter budget for after our daughter was born and practiced using it for a couple of months before she was born to get into the groove. In other words we started transitioning early.

Yes I too believe managing money during nine months & working towards earning the same, which will be a great resource of finance once the baby gets delivered, also keeping self busy by doing part timers jobs even after delivery is a smart idea..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/19/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service