Quite recently I have read a lot that some moms who blog resent the term" mommy blogger". I have always used the term "mom blogger" because it sounds a little less mommy-ish, but I don't mind when others use it.

What do you think? Does the term "mommy blogger" demean or empower?

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love being called a mommy blogger - the two passions in my life.
I prefer mom blogger, but mommy blogger doesn't bother me. Blogging is what I do, not who I am - so, personally the title doesn't really make me feel better or worse about myself...
I think it's just a fun way to distinguish between us & all of the other kinds of blogs. I personally don't mind either one-- having kids is a gift & I find nothing demeaning in it. I don't really see the term as empowering either; not much on the interwebs makes me feel like I'm more important... I am thankful to have a mommy blog, or whatever you want to call it, as a creative outlet.
I don't mind the term "mom blogger" at all though mommy sounds a little bit like a putdown. Still, I've come to the realization that I blog and write from a mom's perspective, so I've embraced it.
"mommy" is a putdown? Definitely don't agree with that at all because if I did, that would be saying that I'm not proud to be a mommy, and I am. Mom and mommy are the same thing and I'm proud to hold both titles.

If I was in a niche like I used to be (affiliate marketing), then I don't feel the term would fit because I would want the "affiliate marketer" title.
I don't mind the title, I am a Mom and I Blog therefore I am a MomBlogger!
I've always called myself a mommy blogger, mom blogger, blogger, it's all GRAVY to me ;)
Just a clarification, it's not a putdown when your kids call you that. But when snotty people (usually those without kids) who say, "She's just a mommy." It's almost like saying we're infantile or not to be taken seriously, you know? It's semantics for sure. But I do know a lot of women hate being "mommy" and don't mind being a "mom" or a "mother." It's all about perception, of course.
Just mention this in a post today. Don't mind either way:

What IS a mom blog anyway?

http://www.askbabykid.com/2009/03/what-is-mom-blog.html

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service