What is the difference between a "mommy blogger" and a blogger who happens to be a mom? 

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a mom who blogs.  I don't do it for money, I don't write articles, and I'm not in it for anything but the outlet.  I write when I have the chance, and while I would love to write every day (and do so in my head), I don't always get to the laptop to submit an entry. 

I don't know that there really is a difference. I do agree with Jennifer's post in that some mom's blog because they want to make an income at it and some mom's blog because they want an outlet.  Personally, I want to have content that motivates, answers questions, and promotes conversation.  I eventually would love to be asked do an occasional product review by a company, or host a giveaway... however, I don't want this to be the main purpose of my blog.  I think there are many niches for mom bloggers: personal blogs, DIY, home decor, parenting, savings, and many more- or a combination of several things combined.

in what it is, there is really no difference, just two different ways of saying it. i personally prefer "mom who blogs". Just a preference. I blog because it gives me a platform, space, channel to express myself on whatever i like. i am in complete control of what is written in my blog and i take full responsibility and accountability of what is written. I don't make money out of it. It is a passion. And I have been quite effective in doing some social good. For example, I and a few bloggers in my country pushed for an "Amber Alert" to be put in place. It has been a success. Not easy, but we did it.

There is no difference they are both amazing and wonderful! :)

Lisa Cash Hanson

Mompreneur Mogul

http://www.mompreneurmogul.com

Teaching women to make money online and blog their way to a better future.

Featured on Yahoo!

They are the same. We are all moms :)  Some blog about it and others don't. There IS a negative connotation with some about "mom bloggers" but I think you will find that with just about everything anyone chooses to do. I love reading other mama blogs. I think we all have something to learn from eachother.

~Colleen

Raising two tiny humans and trying not wear sweat pants all the time.

http://www.theadventuresofthefamilypants.com/1/post/2012/06/sundays...

I like the term mommy blogger. I don't really think there is a difference but I just think it sounds cute! I like to use my blog as a way to express what I am going through with a humerous touch. I am hoping to eventually make some money from it but if not thats ok too! Come by and check it out sometime http://www.pleasantlycrazy.com and I would love to follow some of your blogs as well!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service