Hi - I'm a Canadian, living, working and raising two sweet boys in Warsaw, Poland. I find life here quite challenging - the language, the culture - but I find my biggest challenges come from raising my kids in a foreign country... seems that every day is a learning curve! I think it's great that my boys will be totally fluent in two languages, and that they will be so open-minded about respecting different cultures - but some days I really wonder how it would be to be in Canada, existing in a place that makes sense to me and where things are pretty predictable.

Are there any other Mommies bringing up children in countries and languages that are not their own?? What are the good things? What hurdles do you face? I'd really like to know...

Tags: challenges, culture, foreign, language, mothers

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have only traveled overseas with my boys.  That was a challenge.  My cousin and his wife just moved back from a 3 years in Germany.  Her biggest challenge was making new mom friends.  At first she felt isolated, but slowly connected with a few great moms. 

Language and culture -- huge barrier.  We took our boys to London, Paris and then Normandy this summer.  It was wonderful, but all four of us were on the learning curve!

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service