My Non-Blogging Friends and Family Think Blogging Is.....

There is definitely a disconnect between those who blog and those who don't. What do your non-blogging friends and family think about blogging?

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a feeling that my non blogging family & friends could care less about reading mine or anybody else's blog for that matter. I dont push it on them though. I just do this for fun because I enjoy it and I like meeting others with my same interests (mostly crafting)
My husband thinks it's pretty cool that I blog - he often is giving me ideas for what to write about....or he'll say "Don't forget to take pictures for your blog!"

As for any other family members or friends - they either don't know or do and don't care.

Sam
Mom.Undecided.
I thought it was just me! I've asked numerous family members and so called friends to view my new blog and give me their opinion. Out of everyone I've only had one person actually check it out.
Silly...they don't understand why i would want to tell the "whole world" about my life!
The just don't get it. They don't bother to read blogs, and also think it's a little nutty that I'll share stuff on the big bad internet. One in particular even thinks it's DANGEROUS. My husband thinks it's great, my kids love it...but the friends? Sooo not into blogs on any level.
I'm not sure what my husband thought I did all day long. It wasn't until we did taxes last year he started taking this whole blogging thing seriously. I'm not sure how he thought the bills were getting paid. lol

As for the rest of my friends and family out here in the "real" world, I am not sure they even know what a blog is. :)
It's funny you said this only because I recently made a post on my blog about the exact same thing. It feels like my fiance is pretending to care but it's pretty clear he's just "humoring" me.
My family doesn't know a ton about my blog, about half of my friends are supportive, the other half don't care, and my fiance "pretends" to care.
they enjoy reading my blog (i think! lol)

Michelle

Most of my friends are online anyway so they understand the concept of a blog but I don't know if they care either way. My family doesn't care to read it but they know it's something I enjoy and it keeps me from snapping at them sometimes so they say go for it. I think they'll like it more and read it more once the baby gets here and there are more posts and pictures of him.

My boyfriend loves art and writing as much as I do so he loves reading my blog. He makes sure I let him know when I add new posts so he can keep up with it. It also helps because we have a long distance relationship and he is joining the military, so he can keep up with the little things going on in my life without me having to tell him every little detail and wasting the precious time we do have to talk to each other.
Ha! Some think it's boring and
pointless some wonder how and why I committ so much time to something I don't get paid to do? I tell em' when you're passionate about something and love it as I love blogging , its priceless. The reward will come someday!
My husband thinks it's "weird," despite the fact he reads about six different sports blogs!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/31/14 BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service