My Non-Blogging Friends and Family Think Blogging Is.....

There is definitely a disconnect between those who blog and those who don't. What do your non-blogging friends and family think about blogging?

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They see it as a waste of time and refuse to read it or talk about it.
I most definitely agree, when you mention that you have a blog to some people, they just look at you like what the heck is she talking about. My family thinks it's great and they read it everyday.
Waste of time.
It is isn't it!!

Amy {Mom Spark & Mom Made That!} said:
Most of my family and friends don't understand it at all, especially when I try to explain what I do on Mom Made That! My grandma REALLY doesn't get it, but then again, she doesn't get the internet. :)

You're right, there is a disconnect, and because of that, most don't take it as serious as we do. My dad was surprised that people actually purchase ad space on my sites. I told him that I worked very hard to get to that point!

I suppose blogging is my secret life. Ha!
They seem interested, but not enough to actually really look into it. Its kind of sad ;(
I get mixed reactions. Some think it's silly, waste of time. Some think it's take a pretty big ego to think my life is worthy of it's own website. Others think it's super cool.
My family is super-supportive of my writing in any form. My mom is very involved in SEO-type stuff and affiliate marketing. She actually bought me my domain for my birthday last year, and just bought me my review blog domain.So she's nothing but encouraging.  My aunts don't really read my blog (I think they're afraid it's like an invasion of my privacy, which is funny since I've always told them everything since a young age), but they support my writing in general. I have one extremely technologically challenged friend who doesn't read it but thinks it's cool that I do it.

My friends think it's like online dating and have no idea why a married woman would be interested in meeting other bloggers.

Cardiogirl

Have low tops, will travel

It's funny but even when I blog about friends or family members and say "Hey, I wanted to publicly thank you for how cool you are/being my friend/watching my son" I get a blank stare, and the people I want to thank never even read the post! Oh well:)

They don't quite get it, but know I enjoy it:)

http://articlesautismdisabilityinformation.blogspot.com/

Unfortunately, until you start actually making decent money on the blog, most people think it's a waste of time or a cute little thing SAHM does in between loads of laundry and volunteering at the school.  :(
I agree about the disconnect.  My husband is actually pretty derisive because he thinks my free time should be spent more productively.  I feel like it's a hobby and it's equivalent to him playing Playstation, except my hobby gets us free stuff and saves money.  It's pretty frustrating at times.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service