My Non-Blogging Friends and Family Think Blogging Is.....

There is definitely a disconnect between those who blog and those who don't. What do your non-blogging friends and family think about blogging?

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm with Jennifer... they either think it is silly(nothing special) or really cool!

a waste of time, but I love it, so….I do it for me. 

~Penelope

The only one in my family who has even read my blog is my mom. I guess no matter how old you get you can always count on dear old mom. The rest of the people I know excluding a few friends think its a waste of time.

Some of my f&f think it's cool, most think it's pointless to both read and write blogs. I don't really care though, because it is a great way to express myself and meet new people!

-Ana

Neather my mom gets it!

Amy {Mom Spark & Mom Made That!} said:
Most of my family and friends don't understand it at all, especially when I try to explain what I do on Mom Made That! My grandma REALLY doesn't get it, but then again, she doesn't get the internet. :)

You're right, there is a disconnect, and because of that, most don't take it as serious as we do. My dad was surprised that people actually purchase ad space on my sites. I told him that I worked very hard to get to that point!

I suppose blogging is my secret life. Ha!

They tend to think its a waste of time perhaps? ? Since it isnt "real" life. But then they dont think most people are a part of the blogging community, and yet, its like telling everyone your business.  I do get very personal, venting or talking about my kids and family.  I am not posting all personal, but its my blog, my writing place.  Its gets personal.  My hubby thinks its my "therapy" and supports it.  He doesnt care if a family member might get irritated by reading it.  Which makes me feel very supported and I love him all the more!

I don't get very personal in my blog, Three Boys and an Old Lady, but I like trying new things so my blog is a wonderful forum for me to tell all my "friends" about some fab new things I've tried.

My blog is a reflection of me, things I like, things of interest to me. I enjoy writing and someday hope to author a book or two and my blog is great writing practice. However, right now since it's primarily about reviews, it's a great means of being the first to try something and I LOVE THAT!
They think that blogging is a great outlet. They also love to hear those stories that I have from others blogs that do inspire and enrich others lives! Good to have support from them!
similar to scrapbooking. They dont see the community in it.
No matter how much I've explained it, my friends and family have no clue what I do. I stopped using the word blog and now just say "my website." Less confusion that way!
They always think that blogging is wasting my time. They just simply don't believed that blogging is useful to our life.
The ones who read it, love it but generally, I think my family forgets its there!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service