Recently I posted a review and giveaway about a delicious product from a company who cares deeply about the environment. I have received several nasty comments falsely accusing the company of promoting whale eating, choking hazards (which they aren't) and even an anonymous poster who called for a boycott of the company just because the products used artwork from an artist the poster claimed had committed fraud. The company is not owned by the artist in question. I didn't want to have to moderate comments, but it is getting to the point that I feel this company is being bullied. Has anybody else experienced this and how should I go about handling it. Here is the post with the comments thread. I would love for some of my blogger friends to support this company and even enter the giveaway, but that is not why I'm posting here. I am concerned that my blog is becoming a negative place for companies when I only wanted it to be a positive place.

http://www.made-only-in-usa.com/2012/02/whale-tails-tortilla-chips-...

If any of you have experienced anything remotely like this, please let me know how you handled this.

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL I think I"m the queen of the nasty comment experience. I was just featured on Yahoo! Shine- 31 million viewers a month.  It was a great piece with tips that my family used to save money so I could stay home with my daughter- over 1200 negative comments and counting LOL.  You can't imagine some of the things they said.  I put the video on my blog here:  

http://www.mompreneurmogul.com/?portfolio=free-reports-when-you-sub...

You'll have to go to yahoo to see the negative comments.  Don't allow your blog to be a dumping ground for other people. It's your place, your space. You decide what will and will not go there. I would not let the nasty comments through.  I'm sure there were positive comments keep those and do not approve the others. I'm not sure if you have blogger or Wordpress but on wordpress I have mine marked that I have to approve them ( at least the first time they comment)  Usually that stops any nasty remarks.  Don't worry about it some people are just mean for the sake of being mean. I had to shake it off otherwise I would have had a breakdown LOL.

Wow. If I get upset over a few negative comments, I can't begin to think how I might react to 1200. This makes me feel better. I always thought if I could see the faces behind those mean comments, I would probably be laughing my guts out.

Yea I wasn't laughing LOL but I just realized no matter how I responded they wouldn't change so I had to :)  It's Ok we just shake it off and move on .

I didn't have a problem with negative comments so much as p.o.r.n. spam on older posts. I set up comment moderation and captcha on posts so that I could stop it. I was worried about setting up moderation as well because I sometimes find the extra step of verifying a little time consuming but overall I've changed my mindset.

As for negative comments, If you are trying to get people to enter a giveaway you don't want your comment section full of negative comments. I'd add a note at the bottom of the post stating that comments are being moderated and keep out the negative posts if you want to. If you feel that the negative posters have something valid to say address it in another post

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service