Please help if you can!!!! I want to start a new blog for my endeavor/adventure of going back to college.

I just turned 35 & I'm going back to school to get my Bachelor's Degree so I can teach English & Spanish (and maybe PE and/or coach) in high school. I went to school in the mid 90s for a few semesters, but I'm actually going to be starting all over from scratch, so I'll be a freshman again. I'll probably finish my degree when I'm 40. I'm married & we have 2 daughters (10 & 6).

I thought about "Freshman at 35" but my husband thought that was dumb b/c I wouldn't change it to "Sophomore at 36" and so on & since it's for my whole college experience, I do kind of agree w/ him.

He said "College in my 30s" but that didn't sound that great to me.

I've asked a few other people & they've come up with "My 30's Journey into College" or "Mom's Back in School" or "Re-Birth of Learning" (although I don't really like that one b/c of my beliefs) or "College Knowledge Adventures"

I've thought of "Middle-Age College Adventures" but then I found out that "middle-age" is classified as 40-60 years old by most places.

I did think of "Mommy's in College" or "Mommy's College Adventures" but I'm not really sure of those either.

Since my main major is English, I thought maybe of some kind of twist of a classic novel title or something, but can't really think of anything like that either.

I'm just kind of at a loss & don't know what sounds good & what doesn't. There are things I'm creative with, but this isn't one of them. I'd appreciate any ideas & help & thoughts! 

Michelle

PS - My "healthy life" blog was just "Michelle's Healthy Life Journey" for a long time & then I changed it to "From Whale to Dolphin" a few months ago, but it took me forever to figure out that name too!! I think the name is the hardest part of blogging sometimes!!

Views: 490

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good for you, Michele, that's a great decision.

I went back for my undergraduate degree with 21 credits to my name and 2 in diapers. I was the oldest student in my class at 26, heaven help me that is so young compared to my age now! In all it took me 11 years. I said I would NEVER go to grad school on my last day of school. HA HA

A year after graduation I entered grad school because I missed learning. I did it part time as do many moms. The years flew by quickly. I've been a practicing psychotherapist ever since - a great blessing.

Now, on your blog name, how about Michelle the University Mom (unless it's not a university and if it's not let me know and I'll work on it!)

MJ
Cool idea Mary Jane!
I also think University Bloggin Mom is cool!

Mary Jane Hurley Brant said:
Good for you, Michele, that's a great decision.

I went back for my undergraduate degree with 21 credits to my name and 2 in diapers. I was the oldest student in my class at 26, heaven help me that is so young compared to my age now! In all it took me 11 years. I said I would NEVER go to grad school on my last day of school. HA HA

A year after graduation I entered grad school because I missed learning. I did it part time as do many moms. The years flew by quickly. I've been a practicing psychotherapist ever since - a great blessing.

Now, on your blog name, how about Michelle the University Mom (unless it's not a university and if it's not let me know and I'll work on it!)

MJ
Ooooo, I like yours better, Tara!
Thanks! Later today, I thought of "Adventures in Academia" or my husband said "Academic Adventures" - I was thinking that maybe that way I could actually expand it & keep it going once I start teaching too since it won't be quite so limited as to my college experiences. I'm not sure though. I do like "University Mom" too though.

I'll end up having to get my Master's too at some point - at least I think it's required in TX, but I'm not sure yet.

I'm starting out at the community college though, so I guess "university" wouldn't fit yet. I'm planning on doing 2 years at the community college & then transferring to the university just b/c the community college has classes closer to my house (and is less expensive)!
I read your post, and some key words or phrases came into my mind.
Tales of a College Mama
University Housewife
Mama Michelle Rockin the College Scene
College Mama Chronicles
If these don't help, maybe they trigger the winning phrase?
Let me know what you come up with, I would love to visit the blog when your up and running!
Thanks for the ideas! I like "College Chronicles" - I'm not sure if I like the "Mama" in there or not thought. They definitely give me more to think about though!!!

I'm going to spend some more time today & tomorrow to try to decide. I've written some about what's happened so far (as far as deciding to go back & applying & such) on my current blog (http://www.healthylifejourney.com/) but really want to decide something this weekend about the new blog so I can start it before more things happen b/c I'd really like this new one to be from the "get-go" instead of partially into the whole experience.
Just wanted to let y'all know that I decided on "The Odyssey of a Mom Scholar" - we're working on getting it all set up this weekend & then I'll let you know the link for it. :-)
Fabulous!

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service