I need advice on anything that I can do to improve my blog. I love writing for it, but it seems stale to me. I need help with anything. Content that could be improved, better design ideas, anything! I really want to make this the best blog that I can, so please be honest but kind!

Thanks!

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Put a follow button on there so people can follow you. There are lots of websites that offer free templates and there are plenty of ladies on here that sell online headers and designs. I'm working with a woman here on MBC. She is momontherise. If you look on my friend list you'll find her. Tell her I sent you.
I would consider adding a link to your archives (snazzy archives is a nice wordpress plugin - use it to create an archives page, then put the link in the sidebar).

Also a contact link. You may not get a lot of mail, but just being able to contact you is good.

Maybe a link to follow you on any of your networks (like here, twitter, blogcatalog, technorati, stumbleupon, digg, etc). Again, you could put all of this on a page, then put a link to the page in your sidebar.

And maybe find a logo you like - I still haven't done this, but I do keep the same font for my blog - even though I change the header. I like being able to change the header so every so often I can freshen up the look, without much fuss and muss. Many people say you need a "brand".. something that people will always recognize you by.

If you need visitors, consider entrecard (dot com).. it's like free advertising.. check it out.

As for content, I think you are doing just great! Are you wanting to generate more visitors? Always make sure your titles relate to the content.. think about the keywords that others will be looking for. For example, every summer, between May and Sept, I get hundreds and thousands of visits just looking at how to make hummingbird nectar. Throughout the year, thousands of visitors just looking for a recipe to make homemade caramel frappuccinos. :)

You are doing awesome already... your blog is nice and clean, easy to read and navigate (though archives would really be nice). Keep it up.
Judi,

I added the archive option to my blog. Thanks for the info! As for the contact info stuff, I am self-hosted, so I am still learning. My friend is coming over to help me with some of this stuff. I really appreciate the input!
Angela,

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it! I have a friend who is going to help me add some of these widgets. I'm self-hosted, so I am still learning! Thank you though, I can't wait to implement these great ideas!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service