Ok , I have been going back and forth with myself whether or not to put up a Paypal donation button.

I was wondering if any of you have had success with that, or did it offend your readers?

Thanks- Beth

Manic Mother

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use a paypal donation button to collect money for banner ads and it works well....I use a custom designed button and not the paypal default so I don't know if that makes a difference in it's perception or not???

Maybe a scratchback widget might be better received? There is something given in return to people that use it...a link or banner ad. Just my 2c :)
It doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I've been known to donate to bloggers that way. :-)
I've been thinking about the same thing to help with our daughter's medical treatments -- I just don't know if I actually have the guts to do it...

Carrie
http://www.littlemisshannah.com
I had a donation button up forever when I had my bloggingcents.com going. People were donating and thanking me for the help I gave them or for providing such informative posts. I think I made around $600 one year from donations.

Do I use them now? No, but it's only because I don't need to. I have been lucky enough to generate enough money that I don't feel I have to do it but if I was a new blogger, or struggling blogger, I would definitely put one up.

And I agree about the scratchback widget......
I had one up for a little while, but eventually took it down. I never received any donations and was even told it was offensive by a loyal reader.

April
www.AprilsLittleFamily.blogspot.com
While I used PayPal to get paid for ads, etc. I've never had a donation button. However, I think they're wonderful if you're asking for help for a good cause.
I agree with the others. I don't think it hurts to ask for donations when you're helping other people.

I have used them for years to sell banners ads on different sites AND the subscription option makes them a great way to sign up your advertisers.

I've thought about putting up one for Angels Program but never have.
In your case, I would put it on a special page explaining about medical bills and stating what % will be given directly toward treatment payments.
I don't find it offensive.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/22/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service