I just had a custom made design installed on my new blog and I think I have it settled now. Please take a look at my blog at http://www.lifewith4boys.com and let me know what you think. I am trying to get it as professional looking as possible, because my ultimate goal is to be able to do product reviews and giveaways with companies. Thank-you for your help and any advice is appreciated.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

love it :)
It looks great, Kathleen! Love the use of graphics in your posts, and your header has personality!
Thank-you both so much. I knew I was partial, it is nice to hear that someone else things it looks good too.
I think it looks fabulous. Clean and very professional!
I love it! It very well designed. Its colorful and your post are relevant. I especially love all the banner ads and how the blog is divided up into 3 columns. Most of all it looks professional! Great Job!!

Shiketa
Looks Great! One things I would change is that you have a blog archive by month. That makes it nearly impossible for a reader to find anything- I would do by category. I always like looking at people's categories, but not blog archives. Super cute blog though, good luck!
Thanks so much for the suggestion Deidre. That is definitely something I plan on changing, but I was trying to wait until I had a few more posts and had definite categories to spit things into. Appreciate the advice!
The pirates are adorable. Are you running off of a blogspot back end? That is what the design reminds me of. Most companies won't have a problem with that, I was just curious because that's what it looks like style-wise.

I am sure you won't have any problems getting companies to work with you for reviews/giveaways. In the beginning its all a numbers game. It's about who you work with, who you have worked with, how many readers you have and how many posts you have :) Keep plugging away and you'll do fine!
Thanks Ashtyn! Yes, it was originally a blogspot blog, but I bought the custom domain. I hope that will not effect how the companies look at me, but the platform is so simple to use and there were no hosting fees so it seemed like and ideal option.

I figured it was just a numbers game sort of like anything else in life. I am going to just start slow and hopefully one day I will be as successful as some of the women here.
Love your header.
WOW! 4 boys. I have two boys that made it feel as if we had 4...or 5 boys.

~Mona
http://moremilestones.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/mom2_boys
I think your blog looks great :) Just followed you and left a comment! Stop by and visit me at Moms Menu Planning if you get a chance...thanks!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/27/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service