Okay - I am a SAHM turned WAHM - I own a children's accessory company and my business is growing and I love taking care of my 1.5 year old daughter BUT it is becoming very hard and stressfull for me to meet my business obligations and feel like I'm giving my daughter the care and attention she deserves.  My question is this - I am thinking about putting her in daycare 1 day a week to give me a day to devote 100% of my attention to things I just can't do when she's awake and running around at my feet, but I feel very guilty about it since my reason for leaving my career and then starting my business was so I could be with her and I'm just wondering, are any other moms out there facing the same delima?

For those of you that are WAHMs or SAHMs, do you have a regular babysitter or daycare that helps occassionally and why? 

Thanks

Pamela, Owner

InspiredByFelicity.com

InspiredByFelicity.blogspot.com

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My kids have both been in day care since they were infants (9 weeks and 7 weeks respectively).  I work in the office three days/week, at home two days, with the kids with me (well, the younger one b/c the older one is now in 1st grade).

There are challenges and benefits to the arrangement, and there are pros and cons to any child care choice.  I chose a center based location due to proximity to work and home, the fact that they're always open (less chance of last-minute "I can't watch the kids b/c I'm sick"), and in the end, it cost less than having a sitter at home where I'd have to have food for kid(s)/sitter, pay for additional activities, etc.  At day care, it's all rolled in to one.

Everyone has their own preferences, but our arrangement has worked well for us, and it's been 7 years now.  :)

Good luck with your decision, and your growing business!

-Hot Mama

hotconfidence.blogspot.com

My daughter goes to preschool/daycare two days a week and sometimes even 3 days a week. Those are the days I try to get all of my work done so I can focus on her the other days. She loves going to school like her older brothers and even cries sometimes on the days I don't take her. I personally enjoy the social interaction she gets at school. I don't have any friends with children so she doesn't get socialization with other kids unless its at school. She also gets to do so many arts n crafts that mommy doesn't do. I am extremely happy with my decision to put her in school 2 to 3 days a week.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Summer Travel

Will you and your family take a vacation this year? Where are you going? What are your favorite travel tips for families? Share in our forum.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service