So I joined MBC last week and I enjoy all the new blog I'm following and all the new followers I have. But one slight complaint I have is a lot of the blogs are nothing more then giveaways and coupon blogs.

Are there any bloggers out there that stick with general mommy topics, crafts, reading, marriage?

If so I want to follow my blog and exchange I think you'll enjoy my blog.

Check out my blog
http://beforethebabywakes.blogspot.com

Views: 474

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shannon I know exactly what you mean.No offense to anyone who has a giveaway type blog but when I am in the mood for a little reading or some tips and tricks to help around the house I want a REAL blog.I have found a few and they are great.But the rest seem to be giveaway and review blogs.
Feel free to check out mine,I can honestly say I have never done a review or giveaway.
peasterpeach.blogspot.com
Im off to check out some of these "REAL blogs"
Oh can I just say that Dalia (Generation X Mom) has a REAL blog and a dang good one at that! She talks about the serious issues I think some people are afraid to talk about.
Maybe better categorizing needs to be done. "Mom Blogs" is a huge category. There are tons of different types of mom blogs. If they were narrowed down better on all of the sites maybe one wouldn't waste time on blogs they would rather not visit.
Thank you Jessica! You know how much I love to bring up the issues! These are the issues we are facing in real life, so why not talk about them, right? I love to hear what other people have to say.
Dalia, This is the same thing I've been thinking. These blogs that are strictly or even 80-90% giveaways shouldn't be classed the same IMO. They should be "Giveaway Blogs" or "PR Blogs" or something. I actually wrote an entire post on this subject, but its sitting there in draft mode because I really don't think it strikes the right tone that I want for my blog. I considered submitting it just as an editorial type piece somewhere. But that just shows you how strongly I feel about this, I guess! :-)
Hah! I totally agree, Shannon.

My blog is not a business. It is a hobby.

I blog about my home and my family. We homeschool, so I talk about that. I'm passionate about reading and literacy, so I talk about that a little bit as well. I love travel and food and well, just stuff. that's what you get at my blog.

If people want to follow me then I am just delighted, but I want followers who are interested in what I have to say, not just numbers on my Google friends connect thingy (technical term for something I'm too old to understand there).

So hurrah for Shannon.

I'm going to check out your blog now, Shannon.

Jeanne

A Peaceful Day
Yup--I've clicked on a few here that sounded cute and claimed to be very few giveaways, and I'm sorry but if the first five posts I see are all giveaways then you're NOT mainly a "Mommy Blogger" IMO!! I've had a hard time deciding if I want to do a giveaway on my blog of my OWN stuff that I'm trying to sell on Etsy, just because I DON'T want to become a giveaway blogger!
Anyway, I'm off to check your blog out! (And Dalia's!)
I have been meaning to do some blog "cleaning" lately. I want to go through and get rid of anything I don't read because I am following 200 and something blogs and only a handful I actually read and comment on,the rest are giveaways.The giveaways are great and all but I just never enter them.
It seems like most people are trying to find a niche, something that sets them apart from the rest so lots of people will read them.
Fine, that's great!
But I am a mom who blogs, not a blogger who's a mom. My blog is pretty much just about my family with a few recipes and crafts thrown in there.
I have done one giveaway, quite a while ago. And it was fun, but in the 2+ years blogging, that's the only time I've ever done it.
I love all your comments here!
Yea for homeschooling! I was homeschooled from fourth grade all through high school. And I love it!
Amen to that Jeanne! I don't want random followers just to create some artificially inflated statistics. If you're going to follow me I'd like it to be because you're interested in what I say. I am immediately turned off by the giveaways that are "extra entry" happy--it seems they just want bigger numbers to get more PR people interested to get more stuff to giveaway to get bigger numbers....its a vicious cycle. And completely unappealing to me. But thats me, I suppose.(Although from what I'm reading here, its not *just* me!!)
Anyway, thanks for checking me out, and I'll definitely head over your way too! (But I'll only follow if I really like you :-P J/K!!!)
Shannon
Hi there! I do have a giveaway/review here and there on my personal blog (Mother of Pearl It Is), but it's mostly about my family, sharing recipes, and meeting new blog friends. Check it out and I'll be checking yours out too. :)

Tree aka Mother of Pearl
http://www.motherofpearlitis.com
http://www.mommiesfaves.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service