HOw many of you use your kids real names in your blog? I have see some major ones using nicknames or other ways to ID their kids. I'm not sure what I should do. When I started the blog, it was mostly my friends and families reading, so in a post or two I put their real names. But now I'm getting new and different followers and I should decide before I writer more posts.

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use my kids' real names. I just don't care for the nicknames. It's a personal preference. I'm always like, wait...who are they talking about again? I understand its for privacy but I didn't want to confuse myself with keeping track of code names.

I use my son's actual name as well.  I think I'd accidentally slip it in there at some point if I didn't.  I understand why others do, but I'm just not that worried about it.

I do not use my kids actual full names. I use a form of it. For instance I call my daughter B I do call her that at home but obviously its not her full name.  My 7 yr old son G and the baby I've always called cranky pants although hes a preschooler now so I refer to him as my preschooler in my posts.For the most part you need to consider if a stranger recognizes you in the store. There are all kinds of crazy's out there would you want them calling your child by their full name. We can express to our children the safety of being careful when someone calls their name but u just never know. Its honestly up to you.

I use the first letter of their names. I have one son and I refer to him as D and my husband as M

Hope that helps.

Hena

http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

I use my son's real name, but have never mentioned our last name on my blog (and because my husband is military, I've even blurred it out on his uniforms if I've posted pics where it was visible). I also don't ever specifically say exactly where we live, general area perhaps, but I'm careful to leave out anything that could be used to figure it out specifically.
For me, I also started out writing primarily for friends and family, and never thought of using a nickname...but honestly, I can't imagine being able to keep up with it if I did!

I don't use my children's real names.  I don't even use my real name.  There are some disturbed people out there, and I have been unfortunate enough to encounter a couple of them.  Better safe than sorry.

I don't use their real names. I use nicknames but none that are used in real life. It is something that I have struggled with too.

Wow, I hadn't really considered this much.  Of course, my youngest is now almost 14 so that could be part of why I don't worry much.  But I definitely see how it could be a concern.  I like all the different ideas here:  first initial, or "my teenager" or Hubs for your husband.  And I definitely agree with not posting your exact location.  I live in a small farming community in the Chicago area and everyone in town pretty much knows I blog.  Interesting thoughts and answers here!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service