As a new blogger and new to MBC, I was wondering what are some "most valuable tips" seasoned bloggers would pass on to those of us getting started in this new world of blogging?  

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been blogging for 4 years but I still feel like I have a lot to learn. My suggestion would be to blog about what interests you. Otherwise it will start to feel like a job. But be careful! Blogging can be so addicting! LOL!

Don't be afraid to ask for help. A majority of the bloggers would be more than happy to help!

Good luck!

Aloha - Kailani
An Island Life
Be true to yourself. Like Kailani, I've been blogging for about four years, and I have lots to learn still, but just stay real. That's what keeps me going back to the blogs I enjoy. They're genuine.
For me the biggest lesson was focus, focus, and focus. My goal is to make money blogging and to do that you either need to be highly entertaining so you can attract lots of people - this means you can blog on all kinds of topics - or for the most of us, you need to focus on one general topic and become somewhat of an expert on that topic. One topic doesn't mean you can't write all kinds of posts, it just means you stick to a general theme.

You will attract more people faster that way, not to say that you can't attract people with a variety of topics, but with the amount of people starting new blogs everyday (I think it is somewhere in the neighborhood of 40,000 a day) blogging this way will take you a lot longer to drive traffic and make any sort of money. It guess it depends on what you are blogging for.
Wendy,

Thanks so much for the input. Just entering the blogging world is a little overwhelming, and the numbers you posted makes it even more so. Thanks for the tips that are so practical - keeping it simple, to the these of your blog. It makes a lot of sense! Thank you!
If you take your blogging seriously and work hard at it, you WILL get to a point where burnout begins to creep in. It's okay to take a step back - a few days off maybe, whatever it takes. I post 5-6 times per week and the potential for temporary burnout is there. Find balance and keep your sanity!
Josie, Thanks so much for this input. Right I'm just blogging 2x a week or so on each blog, just getting my feet wet, and I appreciate the reality check of burnout. Thank you!
Anyone consider themselves an "expert" of sorts in Wordpress? I'm having trouble figuring out how to add badges, photos, hotlinks, etc. Thanks in advance for your advise! Have a good day Moms everywhere! ;-)

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service