So one my partners from my blog sent me an email this morning directing me to a sight where the lady obviously copied and pasted my rules, just added a couple different things. (I run giveaways on my blog) It bugs me because the rules are my words that I took the time to write and set up so they are unique to my blog. I want to write her and ask her to stop doing it, but how should I go about it?
And I can't even believe she had the nerve to do that, I understand using others rules as a guideline to get your own written just right, but just as a guideline. Who does that? Grrrr

Tags: copy, copying

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a biggie to many people. For me, too, at first. I create digital scrapbooking products and offer them for sale and as freebies. I used to spend a lot of time searching around to make sure no one was using them in any way that was "not allowed by my Terms of Use." Ugh. Then I came across this post on the ZenHabits blog. It totally spoke to my heart.

I have since removed all copyrights from my products and will soon do the same with my blog content. I'm not out to get rich with my products and my blog. I'm just having fun and making a decent living. I'm no longer willing to clutter up my "wild and precious" life with copyright angst!

Obviously, a lot of people will disagree with this approach. That's cool. We all know what's best for ourselves -- or should! It is working well for me.

Good luck with your situation.

Deborah at Webajeb
I actually think, and don't get upset at this but I think that you should be flattered. Not everyone is creative and needs a little help. So what she is using the same rules. Perhaps you should think about it as you being a leader in what you did and be happy you have such a close follower. Just a thought.
I think you've already received some excellent advice so I won't add to it. But I thought many of you might be interested in this site http://www.copyscape.com/. It searches the net to find out if anyone has plagiarized your content.
Thanks everyone for the great advice! I think I'm going to email her, (Theo, my blog partner, wrote a great email that is really nice about it, and I don't think will give her any reason to be upset), do the copyright thing, and maybe when I get the chance write up a post so I can help people know how to write giveaway rules of their own. I understand how daunting it can be, I was a newbie once too :)
Thanks again everyone!
name and shame her!!!!!!
A post on writing giveaway rules is a great idea! I really doubt that person meant personal harm. It's happened to me too. I found a recipe that I once posted on another blog. I emailed the person, nicely, and she gladly gave my blog credit. I think if maybe you even ask for the person that copied you to at least credit your blog it can create justice. I'm glad you are going about this in a nice polite manner. :) You're awesome for that. There are some people that would just be mean and seek revenge.
I went through this when starting my blogs. Everything I wanted to use was taken and I had to really get creative to think of something different (I am currently on Blogger) Recently I set up a custom domain for one of my blogs and had to change it again, because with domains the name cannot be the same unless you change the .com to ,org or some other suffix. I am happy that I went the custom domain route, because that cannot be copied.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/23/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service