I have heard from several PR folks that we're in a league of our own. Mom bloggers tend not to return high-priced products like electronics and jewelry, but newspaper reporters and magazines return merchandise all of the time.

Do you think mom bloggers should adopt a similar policy; that product samples worth over, say $150, should be returned to companies?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that we are different all together from newspapers and magazines because we usually dont have the luxury of charging an arm and a leg for ad space and the only compensation many of us ask for is the product itself. I wouldn't mind returning a product, but without charging for a review, it simply becomes free (and time consuming) advertising.
I guess I'm lucky in that I've never had anyone ask me to return a product. However, since most bloggers are not getting paid to review items, I think they should be allowed to keep the item.
The main reason I do not think that we should return the product is that we are not blogging for profit (for the most part). Newspaper reporters and magazines earn an income from their reviews, we do this for fun, for the company largely. And I agree that if we are receiving a brand new, sealed product and returning it - what do they do with the product after we send it back? Do they sell the product now that it's been used?
If they want it back, they should agree with the blogger beforehand, that the item needs to be returned. If not, I don't see why they should expect it back. I haven't had this problem, but then, I don't have a review blog.
Amen, sister.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service