We all know the rules about Blog Hopin right? but i just don,t get it why some people don,t like to abide to the rules,is so annoying.You find out that people link up there blogs in Hops and fail to follow people hosting the blog hop.I think there motive is to get more followers but follow few people in return which is very unfair.Lately i know numbers of people i followed and left a comment but funny enouf  some returned back the favor  while many  never returned the favor yet i see them hoppin from one hop to another writing i will FOLLOW BACK which they never do.Please if you take part in such actions  kindly call it a quit and stick to the rules.If you intend not to follow peoples blogs then STOP HOPPIN.

Thanks for understanding.

Tags: blog, followers., hops

Views: 29

Replies to This Discussion

I have a couple of comments.  First, I do agree that there are some folks out there who do not follow back and/or follow the rules.  I have been on the receiving end and it's not fair.  I like to think that the karma bus will get them.  Second, I have realized recently that sometimes the follow back from a comment is delayed.  Sometimes life gets in the way of blogging and our best intentions are delayed.  I've had the follow back come a week later with a comment explaining why it took so long.  It happened to me this past week.  I usually go back the same day to follow back, but a family member was hospitalized and that's where ALL of my time went.  I've been catching up every day but did realize it may look to some that stopped by that I forgot to follow the rules.  Lastly, blogging is no different than life.  There are going to be people who don't play nice.  I've seen it and I don't like it.  Still, I'm not going to let it get to me.

@ cyndy i understand you.I know some times there are unforseen circumstances that might delay but i wrote this cos i have seen some bloggers still activ in there hoppin but fail to return the favor.

Well like you said there are going to be people who don,t play nice.Well such is life.

Yes, I agree! Thats the reason I stopped hopping! I followed over 200 people and out of that maybe 10. that is so not right!
Yes it is frsutrating. I am one of those that always follow back. There have been times it has taken me almost 2 weeks but I always do. I even host a weekend hop and find that not everyone who links up follows me and I am the host! Frustrating! http://tawnasplan.com

Exactly why I don't participate in them. I don't want people to follow my blog "just because", I want people to follow my blog because they actually "ENJOY READING MY POSTS". There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between people just trying to give you numbers and people that actually read your blog. Be realistic about why you actually participate in them. Not to say it's bad (So don't start tripping), but I see this complaint all the time.  Someone follows you, leaves some fake comment (when you know they didn't read your posts) and then expect you to follow back and you really READ their posts. 

Will they ever come back again? Will they ever comment on your posts in the future? Or do they just show up when you give away something for Free? Concentrate on creating good content that makes people want to follow you for the right reasons and not the wrong. I understand when your a newbie it sounds fun and it might be a good way to meet other bloggers, but try reading other blogs first, start commenting on other blogs and they will return the favor most times.

Learn from the professional bloggers out there that don't do this. They write good content and people follow them based on that alone.   

If I am breaking an etiquette rule with this post, I apologize.  It's just coincidence for me that I wrote a post last week on blog hops and lessons learned.  So, rather than retype everything here, I thought I would just provide the link:

http://yankeeturnedtexan.blogspot.com/2011/04/tuesday-tips-blog-hop...

For Sonia - I do have a question for you.  I'm looking for guest bloggers this month - specifically those more experienced than I about some of the "softer" lessons you learned when you first started blogging.  Any interest?

HELL YEAH! Email me info@logallot.com - Lets talk!

I hear you! I think it is common courtesy to abide by the blog hop rules. Some of us can be pretty busy so returning the favor may take a couple of days. But yes it can be frustrating but as long as you are following the rules, consider yourself an honest, honorable blogger with tons of integrity.

Miriam'

Do you want a follow back? (smile and lol)

http://productjunkiemama.blogspot.com

That is ridiculous girl!

Denise Kline said:
Yes, I agree! Thats the reason I stopped hopping! I followed over 200 people and out of that maybe 10. that is so not right!
Read this post and I must say you were right on the money!

Cyndy Lay said:

If I am breaking an etiquette rule with this post, I apologize.  It's just coincidence for me that I wrote a post last week on blog hops and lessons learned.  So, rather than retype everything here, I thought I would just provide the link:

For Sonia - I do have a question for you.  I'm looking for guest bloggers this month - specifically those more experienced than I about some of the "softer" lessons you learned when you first started blogging.  Any interest?

Thanks very much for your comment,it really made sense.

Sonia said:

Exactly why I don't participate in them. I don't want people to follow my blog "just because", I want people to follow my blog because they actually "ENJOY READING MY POSTS". There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between people just trying to give you numbers and people that actually read your blog. Be realistic about why you actually participate in them. Not to say it's bad (So don't start tripping), but I see this complaint all the time.  Someone follows you, leaves some fake comment (when you know they didn't read your posts) and then expect you to follow back and you really READ their posts. 

Will they ever come back again? Will they ever comment on your posts in the future? Or do they just show up when you give away something for Free? Concentrate on creating good content that makes people want to follow you for the right reasons and not the wrong. I understand when your a newbie it sounds fun and it might be a good way to meet other bloggers, but try reading other blogs first, start commenting on other blogs and they will return the favor most times.

Learn from the professional bloggers out there that don't do this. They write good content and people follow them based on that alone.   

Intresting,i have to visit your blog now and read the post..thanks for sharing.
Cyndy Lay said:

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service