Hi MBC moms,
My daughter who will only be turning 5 just told me that she was kissed by his classmate---for the second time! The boy even told her that she is his girlfriend!
I told her the first time not to let other boys kiss her anymore. But it happened again.
What should I do about it? Should I be worried?

To read my daughter's complete confession, please visit: http://www.allaboutelizabethp.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for your replies on this! More power to us Moms!

Tags: daughter, kiss

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you did the right thing by not "overreacting" when your daughter told you this because you don't want her to think it's a horrible thing, but you certainly want to reinforce that it's inappropriate. Is it possible for you to talk to the boy's parents and let them know that you think it's sweet that he's fond of your daughter, but that you just don't feel she's old enough for kisses yet?
Hi Jessica,
Thanks for replying! Yes, I think I'm going to do your suggestion. I will talk to the boy's parents but will present the issue as lightly as I can, so I won't offend them in a way. Thanks so much!
I hate to say this but I was in the same situation only my daughter was the one doing the kissing. When I asked her why she did it, she said that the princess always kisses the prince. I didn't make a big deal out of it but explained that kids shouldn't be kissing kids. This was 3 years ago when she was 3 years old. It hasn't happened again since.
Hahaha! It was funny in a way, esp her explanation. Good for you that she stopped doing that. My daughter now always say to Diven not to kiss her. "No more kissing!", she tells the boy. :D Anyway, thanks for the reply. I appreciate the comment! Cheers to us!
When my daughter was 4 she said, what does "in love" mean. I told her mommy, daddy and her brother her lover her very much. She said, no mom, In Love, what does In love mean. I asked who said it. She told me that a boy told her he was IN LOVE with her. I told her that when you get older and find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, and get married and raise kids with and grow old with, then you will be in love. However, 4 year olds are not in love.

The next time the boy said it to her, she told him that 4 year olds are not in love.
yes, 4 yo should not be in love! I sometimes wonder where in the world they get those ideas! :D
They're too young! anyway, thanks for the reply, at least I know I'm not alone in this...We really need to prepare ourselves for more "out of the blue" and "mature subjects-oriented" questions! :D
You might want to very casually mention it to the teacher. It's probably happening during recess, and of course, it's innocent. Kids do what they see at home and on TV. I'm sure the teacher is not at fault, but from a teacher's perspective, she'd probably like to be aware of it. I hope all goes well. When my daughter was five, she used to hold hands with a classmate (boy). She grew out of it pretty quickly and thought boys had cooties. I'm sure everything will be fine.
hi, i remember an incident just a few weeks ago when i was in Manila with my son for a short trip. When we went to this playpen, three little, cute girls who saw my 23-month-old son rushed towards us and tried to corner and hug my son!!! i was in shock, and all the more my son who was crying and reaching out to me in total desperation to get out of the situation. they kept saying how cute my son is and tried to hug and steal a peck on the cheek. it was then that i realized that kids are really different nowadays. LOL. my son only toned down when i told him that they are new friends that he can play with. i guess, he was surprised as well at how soon they came to us when we entered the playpen. LOL
An open dialogue is the most important thing to have. Communicate your thoughts to your daughter. I was always surprised how much my children could understand even at a young age.
I would mention it to the teacher, perhaps he/she can have a talk with the class about appropriate and inappropriate displays of affection and how to respect personal boundaries of others.

Good luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/21/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service