Brainstorming time! No, it's good weather here...lol

Ok, seriously. There are 1million blogs out there. How can we stand out from the crowd? Readers are getting the same thing everytime. My articles has always been copied (with reference) elsewhere. That makes my blog same as others? Do we hold contest? Interviews? Free gifts? What do readers really want so that we can drive more traffic to our blog?

Can somebody comment if my blog is worth readership?
______________________________________________________________________________________

Mother of 2 - Jasmine, 5, Elden, 22months

www.mumsafari.com * www.facebook.com/mumsafari

eBooks for * Mum-to-be * Babies & kids * Parents *
blogs on * Parenting Kids * Kids Craft * Kids Meal *

Views: 404

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just stay true to myself. Don't get me wrong I hope others will read and enjoy what I write. I try to include helpful tidbits. In the end I blog for me - to keep me from going bonkers. : )

~Mona
More Milestones
Twitter
Hi there! I'd say that it really boils down to good content. Contests, free gifts etc bring traffic but it doesn't bring readers, if know what I mean. I'd rather people subscribe to my site because they like what I say, not because I gave them an extra entry for doing so.

Can I give you a couple of suggestions for your blog (I'm no blogging pro but I DO have 10 years in marketing communications if that's worth anything!)?
- You have lots of ads within the posts. It makes it a little hard to read because of this.
- Overall there is a lot of text on your site but no pictures (other than ads). Would you consider putting a picture of yourself on a sidebar to add some personalization? I know some people have privacy issues with that but it would help to put a face behind the site.
- What are your goals for the site? What's your passion? I see that most everything is a shareasale link or another affiliate marketing link. It seems you're trying to build a resource for other mommies, right? That's GREAT but I do think it's harder to build a community that way. It seems most of the bloggers who follow others are reading personal stories about kids and motherhood. What I'm trying to say is you may have a much harder time building an audience that way.
- Since your site IS a resource, search engine optimization is KEY. If someone is searching for Reward Chart for example, you'll want to capitalize on that so your site comes up in the google rankings.
- Have you tried commenting on other blogs similar to yours? I find that I've gotten tons of new readers just from visiting blogs and making genuine comments on their blog (not "great post! come visit my blog..." but real comments based on their post.)

- Are you a part of communities like SITS girls and Blog Frog? I love MBC so you've already got that one covered. ;-) I've seen pretty substantial jumps in my traffic just from participating in SITS and BF these last two months.
Anyway, I hope that helps. Good luck!
Mona: I guessed that's what we should do, to be who we are and enjoy what we do! Believe in you!
Melissa: Thanks for your detailed feedback. I really appreciate it! That's why I haven't started on contests. I have more pictures on my previous articles. My goal is to blog about parenting articles and kids crafts which I had given lots of parenting advise acquired from my personal experience for Free. It the same time, i hope to introduce related products which most I had experience myself. That's where you see the affiliate links.

Yes, I believe that commenting on others' blog will bring traffic, but I still prefer being active at forums because there are more readers here. I had just joined SITS and BF. Thanks for referring. Through my blogging journey, I met some or rather few givers who are willing to teach me lots of things about blogging, and you are definitely one of them. Thanks Melissa. :)
I agree with More Milestones. Just stay true to yourself. Write about things that interest you and followers will come later.
-Jessica a.k.a Nya's mom
http://mommyhoodnextright.blogspot.com
You're SO welcome! I enjoy providing feedback to others so it's no prob. :-)

Justina Wang said:
Mona: I guessed that's what we should do, to be who we are and enjoy what we do! Believe in you!
Melissa: Thanks for your detailed feedback. I really appreciate it! That's why I haven't started on contests. I have more pictures on my previous articles. My goal is to blog about parenting articles and kids crafts which I had given lots of parenting advise acquired from my personal experience for Free. It the same time, i hope to introduce related products which most I had experience myself. That's where you see the affiliate links.

Yes, I believe that commenting on others' blog will bring traffic, but I still prefer being active at forums because there are more readers here. I had just joined SITS and BF. Thanks for referring. Through my blogging journey, I met some or rather few givers who are willing to teach me lots of things about blogging, and you are definitely one of them. Thanks Melissa. :)
I agree with Mona. I am drawn to blogs with an authentic voice. Stay true to yourself and include good content and thoughtful blog posts and your audience will find you.
I would love for you to check out Mom Loop on BlogFrog. It is an amazing supportive group of moms that actively visit each other's blogs.

Justina Wang said:

Check out these tips from bloggers who have posted some suggestions on SkinnyScoop. http://www.theskinnyscoop.com/top10/questions/30/Top_10_Blogger_Quiz
I would love for you to join Mom Loop on Blog Frog. It is a wonderfully supportive community.

Justina Wang said:

I personally have steered clear of the reviews because I feel that the mommy bloggers have flooded their blogs with them. I have focused on talking about the trial and tribulations of motherhood and interviewing fellow mom bloggers that have become very successful.

http://the-mommychronicles.com
I am echoing everyone else. Just be who you are. My favorite blogs are the ones that make me feel like I am talking to my best friend. I love WHATEVER and Cloverlane because I could sooo see myself being friends with the writers. I would love to have lots of followers. But in the end I blog because I suck at scrap booking and I will need to proof that i was good mom to show my kids shrink :)

http://snotonmyweddingdress.blogspot.com/

Lauren mitchell said:
I am echoing everyone else. Just be who you are. My favorite blogs are the ones that make me feel like I am talking to my best friend. I love WHATEVER and Cloverlane because I could sooo see myself being friends with the writers. I would love to have lots of followers. But in the end I blog because I suck at scrap booking and I will need to proof that i was good mom to show my kids shrink :)

http://snotonmyweddingdress.blogspot.com/

Lol, now THAT is a blogging idea!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/21/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

WEEKLY FEATURED MEMBERS

Catch the Buzz

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service