I currently blog in both English and Norwegian, but the English blog has always been my "main" blog (the Norwegian only for random posts about Norwegian stuff). I'm now thinking of starting a Norwegian blog only, with new design and a new domain, but I have a really hard time letting go of all my old posts. Should I just start from scratch?

The thing is, I have blogged for about 10 years in English, and I wanted to try to make a little money on blogging. I don't have time to blog in both languages, and since I'm Norwegian I thought it would be better to blog in Norwegian. I've kept my English blog as a diary and would be very sad to toss everything away, at least everything I've written since I became a "mom blogger". I've been playing with the thought of translating everything to Norwegian, but that's A LOT of work.

What do you think? And also, are there any tips you'd like to share on making money on your blog?

Thanks!

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please share your thoughts :)
Check out my website:

www.bloggingbizmom.com

Check out the affiliate marketing page. After you get some traffic, you can start offering ad space.
Hi Hanna,

What blogging platform do you use? Some of them have the ability to translate your website automatically. You may want to try that, then you can have your english blog in both languages. I dont think you have to start over. .
I use Wordpress. I've thought about it, but I don't think the translation is good enough, so I'd have to look over it anyway. I might just keep the English one after all, although I'd like a new domain... I can't seem to make up my mind about this ;)

Amanda Leigh said:
Hi Hanna,

What blogging platform do you use? Some of them have the ability to translate your website automatically. You may want to try that, then you can have your english blog in both languages. I dont think you have to start over. .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/30/14 BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service