Subscribing vs Following: Is One Better Than The Other?

This is somewhat piggy-backing off my other discussion about losing some subscribers. And I guess this is a two-fold questions.

First of all, would you say you prefer to have visitors Subscribing vs Following or are both equally important? We can see, along with companies we're trying to work with, how many people are following us. That I know of, there's no way for anyone but us to know how many subscribers we have.

My subscriber numbers are really low and up to this point I haven't cared about that number. I'm part of the Friends Following Friends (yes I'm a follower) and my number of Follwers grows every day. Those are what I'm going for at this point.

Secondly, do you put both options as extras when you are doing a giveaway. At this point I don't ask for subscribers. If I'm like others, my inbox is so full right now, the last thing I'd want is for ONE MORE EMAIL. Maybe that's just me.

What are your preferences? Thanks!!

Tags: Followers, Subscribers

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I follow a lot of blogs. it is actually really hard to keep up with them most of the time. So if it is a blog I REALLY like and don't want to miss out on a post I will subscribe to make sure I get that email when they post. But subscribing is not just email it is also subscribing via google reader or other readers.

For me I offer all options to follow my blog. because everyone is different.

www.thismamaworksit.com
If you have google webmaster you can see how many people are subscribing to the feed (separate from a feedburner feed or google followers, which don't show up there), also in your google reader if you subscribe to yourself & self see details you can see the total count of subscribers.

I don't mind how people subscribe/follow. I just like that they are reading. Whatever makes that easiest for them is great. All types (feedburner, nonfeedburner rss, followers, email) are equally important in terms of overall numbers if you are looking at it from a business standpoint.

I also recommend to make it easier when following other blogs that you categorize them into groups by content/interest or some other way then put them into folders by that system. It makes it easier to open a particular folder & just read through a set of blogs versus open your reader & have 100s of blogs with what seems like a zillion posts staring back at you :D

http://theconfusedhomemaker.com/
Oh, I don't do giveaways really. I've done one. I didn't require anything but a comment from those who entered (and an email to contact them). It was a pretty large giveaway but I don't know it didn't seem worth it to me to make people do extras, but then again I don't do those as a main part of my blog.

http://theconfusedhomemaker.com/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service